Selfish Santa

abigail

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Latitude: 45° 31' North Longitude: 122° 39' We
I was making a felt geode for the person I am "secret santa-ing" and i like it so much I am going to keep it or hang it on the tree. it fits in the palm of my hand. I am soooooooooooooo bad. But I will make her some thing else nice.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

abigail

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
a geode is a lumpy hollow rock looking thing that when cracked opened has amazing crystal formatins in them, this is my version of a felt geode. duh... it's supposed to be "arty"
I dye and felt the spheres myself...I will get better at this.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Abigail

a geode is a lumpy hollow rock looking thing that when cracked opened has amazing crystal formatins in them, this is my version of a felt geode. duh... it's supposed to be "arty"
I dye and felt the spheres myself...I will get better at this.
After you explained it, I knew what it was!
That's neat!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
I know what geodes are...i have some real ones!!! i love gems!!! give me a felt geode!!!

(i'm also arty...so that looks really cool)

abigail

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

I know what geodes are...i have some real ones!!! i love gems!!! give me a felt geode!!!

(i'm also arty...so that looks really cool)
I wanna feel your geodes......... I started another two today - deep blue inside and I have some ideas to make them even snazzier. maybe i am your secret santa............ wicked laugh.

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you my SS?
That is really so unique! You said "felt" but it looks like felted wool - so, do you make your own felt? And are you filling the geode with SS goodies? Very, very nice!

abigail

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lnbandcats

Are you my SS?
That is really so unique! You said "felt" but it looks like felted wool - so, do you make your own felt? And are you filling the geode with SS goodies? Very, very nice!
If I were your secret santa I couldn't tell you. and yes it is a hand dyed and felted sphere filled with bedazzled beads etc. I added some dyed locks and now it's REALLY scumptious I think. Take a look and tell me what you think:

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Abigail

If I were your secret santa I couldn't tell you. and yes it is a hand dyed and felted sphere filled with bedazzled beads etc. I added some dyed locks and now it's REALLY scumptious I think. Take a look and tell me what you think:
You can't blame me for asking!

Those are beautiful! I know that this is a stretch, but since it is filled with surprises, it sort of reminds me of the candles that were popular in the early 90's - as they burned, they revealed jewels and charms, etc.
I know someone who makes felted purses - she says it is "easy", but too me, it seems quite difficult, but always beautiful!
Do you sell these or just make them as a hobby. Do you make geodes filled with cat toys?

abigail

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lnbandcats

Do you sell these or just make them as a hobby. Do you make geodes filled with cat toys?
I guess they are art and when I have a stash I will try a show... I do other things including garments and bags. They would be bad cat toys because they have beads and bells etc sewn in them.

but...

if you want a white felted mouse private just message me your address and I will be glad to send you one. FREE. You can rub it in catnip if your cat likes catnip.