No No No No No!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm getting my 3rd (YES 3RD!) cold this year.

I swear I work with the disease carrying, Typhoid-Mary, runny nose and cough people that COME TO WORK WHEN THEY ARE SICK!

I'm so mad right now I could scream!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heather, I feel your pain.

I'm about to take stock in ZyCam, because I have been sick, on average, at least every 6 weeks since December, starting out this year with the Bell's Palsy, then pneumonia, then a sinus infection, then a cold (four months straight of being ill and having to go work 9+ hour days every day regardless) - then spring allergies kicked in - then it seems that every 3-4 weeks I am once again battling a headcold.

Yet my doc is telling me that I've never been healthier.

This year stinks.

roxie225

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
to being sick again! I think it has a lot to do with the constant weather changes. Seems they have been worse this year than they have in a while! I hope you feel better soon!

catcaregiver

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's called "presenteeism". I think it is rude for people to go to work when they are sick. Unfortunately there are many employers who punish employees for taking sick days.

cocoalily

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds terrible! and boxes of kleenexes going your way to make you feel better...

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've stayed home from work for three days now because I'm sick. Unfortunately, I was on call on Saturday and had to work 20 hours straight, with a temp of 101 and a nose like a faucet. (Believe me, I tried to find someone who would cover my call, but nobody was interested in working on Saturday!) At least when I go back to work tomorrow, I should be well enough that I won't infect the rest of my co-workers!

My treatments include Sudafed, Afrin nasal spray, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Echinacea, and hot tea with honey (and several boxes of Kleenex!) I sure hope you're feeling better soon!!!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel you on this one. I wish there were laws saying that if you are sick and contagous you can't come to work, and you get paid for it. Even if you are part time. To me that seems like a law that should be enforced. You loose more people to sickness when someone comes in sick and your work goes down hill. I'm expected to come to work sick, along with everyone else as long as it's not something really mayjor.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
...don´t give up my friend!

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
... vibes for a soon recovery quickly!

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sweets

I have friends that swear by Airborne. They start taking it as soon as someone else gets sick and they don't catch it.
I, too swear by Airborne! It is the best! Also, starting 10/1, I will be taking echinatea M-F until May. I have been doing this for 10 years and have seldom (if ever) actually gotten a cold! Hope you are feeling better soon!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww you poor thing *hugs*

Whenever i get onto the bus train, i give people evil glares when they don't sneeze into a hankie. There was one guy near me on the train the other week, he was drunk out of his head, and coughing his lungs up the whole half hour trip
oh AND talking to himself. I don't want to get sick just because other people can't look after themselves

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Same here Heather-- I've had like 3 colds this year- its awful

All of this weather change has really made go in a wack with colds!

I hope you feel better soon