Its getting close to Halloween!! Anyone have real life ghost stories to share?

taurus77

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have any but I would love to hear everyone else's though. I love the paranormal,
so this time of year really gets me excited!

All the ghost hunting shows, pyschic shows, etc. are aired all the time in October.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

taurus77

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey, thanks!! That looks like an awesome sight!! Last year around Halloween I went to a lecture given by Joshua P. Warren. He is a native of Asheville, but is apparantly a pretty popular paranormal investigator. He was really cool! He even showed us ways to set up "traps" to know when your deceased pets' energy was around.
But, anyway, what I"m getting to is he has a radio show here as well, but I always forget about it!!!!

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A few days after my grandmother died, I was standing at my closet before going to bed,trying to decide what I was going to wear the next day, and felt something pull very hard on the bottom of my shirt. I thought my daughter had woken up and sneaked into the room...but there wasn't a soul there. I know it was my grandma...she was always picking at my clothes, even after I was grown!! It scared the bejeebers out of me at first...until I realized it had to be her!! And yeah...call me crazy!

quill_luv

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Okay, I have a happy ghost story and I would never call anyone crazy. I know the feeling

A few years ago my mum, grandmother, and myself visited a relative in the country. The house that we were visiting is very old and a typical rambling country farm house. My aunt had been living alone for about five years since her husband passed on. And that year her daughter also passed.

Now, when we came into the house I immediately felt that something was watching us, and it was a sort of joyous, welcoming atmosphere. Granted we hadn't seen my aunt for a few years, but I felt that there was someone else visiting there besides the living.

We chatted in the living room and I was sitting beside my mum. She happened to lean over to get a sandwich and out of the corner of my eye I saw something moving in the kitchen. It was only there for five seconds, a big, blurry grey shadowy thing that seemed to walk across the floor, and I turned to look at it and it was still there, gliding slowly across the room. It eventually faded away and I was left feeling that it was my uncle coming for a visit.

I wasn't scared, just utterly amazed. But here's the odd thing; as we were leaving, in the driveway I found a chocolate bar, one of those miniature ones. My uncle was a very kindly man, and I remember when I was young he always gave us candies when we saw him and he was especially fond of me.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I totally believe in ghosts, no questions asked, and it always seems like they find me. I'm terrified of them and I really wish I wasn't because there are just so many it seems!

One time when I was about 12 my dad was driving all of us down the highway late one night and he swerved because there was a woman standing on the road! I screamed and he almost drove off the road. Both of us thought we were crazy until my dad explained there had been something on the road. I told him I saw someone too. When we went back to see why she was just standing there we saw no one. Only a cross with flowers and a sign that said "we will never forget". That was so scary!

The second time I saw a ghost was when I visited an old war memorial village. It was part of a town in Maryland that was reserved because soldiers from the civil war had passed through the village and lived in the houses. The tour guid was talking about the soldiers and how often times people would see ghosts walking around. I was looking at one of the housing when I saw a man dressed in blue civil war clothes, hat, gun, and all. He walked into one of the houses and I thought I was seeing things because one minute he was in front of a door to a house and the next he was gone, never opened the door or anything. I asked the tour guide if there were many people that dressed up and walked around the villiage, she told me no, only a couple days a year and the houses were locked and only maintaince went inside now and again. Freaky!!!!

sweets

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I live with several ghosts. One particular ghost comes in the shape of what is called a Shadow Man...all you see is the outline. He likes to stand and watch me sleep. I call him Edgar. He doesn't like me to sleep without covers. I fell asleep one night with the sheet twisted under me. I woke in the middle of the night because I was so hot. Edgar had pulled my comfortor out from under my legs and covered me. Thats how I know I didn't do it myself...I fell asleep on top of the comfortor.

When I went on vacation with some friends, Edgar travelled with us. My friend woke to find him standing over her watching her. Since she house sits for me all the time, I think he was just happy to see her. We had to confine him to a corner of the room for the rest of the trip.

He also likes to knock on the walls to wake me if I try to sleep past 9AM.

annericebowl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

you shoudl check out http://www.coasttocoastam.com/ they always do a ghost to ghost radio show on oct 31
I love that radio show. My SO got me hooked about a month ago. He's been a guest on there before (he has a degree in metaphysics).

Here's my ghost story (I have several). The first 4 happened all within a few days of each other in my new apartment:

The SO was visiting, and we had my laptop on the floor next to the bed (we were listening to coasttocoast, the show on "Modern Vampires"), and the lights were all out in the room, and the only light in the room was from the laptop. I had fallen asleep next to my SO, and I have a habit of pushing him out of the bed when I am asleep. He was in mid-fall to the floor when he looked up and saw a bearded man with red hair wearing a uniform standing in the glow from the screen. The ghost was smiling at the computer. Apparently, he was enjoying listening to the show. My SO woke me up, asking me if I had seen what he saw. Freaked me out.

Then, a few days later, my 4 year-old daughter and my SO were sitting on the bed waiting for me to get out of the bathroom (I was putting on makeup so we could go), I walked out, and my SO was pale and looked completely freaked out, and my daughter said, "Mommie, who was that?" I looked at my SO, and he said, "Baby, I am being really serious right now, okay. I am not even joking. You have a real haunting in your apartment, because me and [daughter] both saw the same ghost again." My daughter had seen the ghost first, because while I was in the bathroom, she had asked my SO, "Who's that man?" My SO saw him, too, and he said that the ghost had walked out of the bathroom--WHILE I WAS IN IT! The ghost had walked out of the bathroom, looked at my SO, and then walked through the wall into the apartment next to me.

That night, the SO and I were laying in bed, and I kept hearing a strange noise in the bedroom. It kind of sounded like my SO when he shakes his foot in the covers (he says that it helps him fall asleep). Well, it wasn't him, because he had stopped moving his foot, and I was still hearing the noise. I kept telling him to stop whatever it was he was doing, and he said that it wasn't him, and he was laying perfectly still. He thought I was losing my mind. I was trying to keep him awake because I didn't want the "boogey man" to get me. lol He was threatening to sleep on the couch if I didn't stop, and I was already laying back down with the covers and my hands up to my chin, laying perfectly still. He then demanded that I let go of his ankle--I wasn't holding his ankle unless my foot suddenly turned into a monkey foot. He sat straight up in bed because he thought I had tried to pull him out of by by his ankle. Then, I felt someone/thing grab and pull on my foot.

The next day, I was again in the bathroom, and I saw the bathroom doorknob shake a little in the door frame, turn slowly, and then stopped. It turned slowly again, and stopped. Turned again, and then the door slowly opened. As it was opening, I said, "You know, you're not very good at sneaking up on people." Then, the door stopped opening. I jerked the door open, and there was no one there. I hadn't realized that my SO had gone to the store, and my daughter was in school at the time.

When I was a kid, my family had bought a house and renovated it. In my bedroom, I had a few strange things happen to me. I had a double (or full) size bed. I would sleep on the side of the bed that was the furthest away from the door. Every night, I could and "feel" someone walk into the room, but no one was ever there, but things on my dresser and night stand would be moved around. There was one night, that I felt someone slowly lay in the bed next to me, I then felt them turn towards me and whisper my name in my ear. There was more than one occasion that I would intentionally vaccum my floor just before I would go to bed, and the next morning, I would see footprints that would lead into the wall. There were also many nights that I would see the faintest human figure that would pace up and down the hall. I would also hear things. We would leave the house and come back home, and hte kitchen cabinets would be open. Alot of strange things happened in that house. My mom later (just a few months ago) told me that the family that lived there before us had a teenage son that shot and killed himself in what was my bedroom--I had found a bullet hole in the window in my room, and she wouldn't tell me how it had gotten there.

Some other things that have happened to me have been throughout my life. I think this post is long enough, so I will just give blurbs. I saw my mom's BF a few nights after he was killed in a plane crash. There has been more than one occassion that I have felt the presence of both my great-grandfater (I have a "young" family, and my great-grandfather would be the same age difference as most people's grandfathers) and my great-aunt. My cousin's husband has seen my great-aunt. He was brushing his teeth, and when he looked in the mirror, he saw her sitting on the bed twirling her hair on her finger like she always did. He had never met her, nor had he seen a picture of her at that time (he and my cousin were just dating at the time). He gave my cousin a full, exact description of my great-aunt.

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love ghosts and ghost stories! I have several, too. But here is just a short one. About two weeks after I moved into my home (2 years ago), I awoke to feel the presence of a man standing in my bedroom dor. For a quick moment I was frigtened but the I could "hear" him welcoming me to the house. I have felt his presence on 2 other times.
I know that there were two other owners before me, but I really don't know their history!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He woke up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, which was by the kitchen. The first couple of times, he saw Beauty in a position like she was getting attention from someone. She has the same pose and only does that pose when someone is petting her. Then finally he saw her. The old woman that stood by the kitchen sink. He randomly saw her until he left the light above the kitchen sink on during the night. Apparently that was the trigger for her not to appear.

Then the basement. He said that he saw a black cloud or shadow in the basement FROM THE SAME AREA THAT I FELT I WAS BEING STARED AT. He said it was just pure evil. He told me that there was one night that it began to go after him and it began to follow him up the stairs.

The last two week we were there, I had noticed that he was leaving the basement door locked. Since I didn't really know IF the house was haunted or if it was my imagination, I didn't ask. then I got the story behind that. Apparently this "Shadow" was trying to get upstairs at night. Since B was up later than I, he would walk by the door and see the door rattling. After I left for NJ, he said that he had very little sleep and whatever was in the basement he felt was trying to "get him". He was kept up at night because the basement door kept rattling. He was ready to go by Friday night, but had to stay one more night due to cable TV equipment needing to be turned.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AnneRiceBowl

He was in mid-fall to the floor when he looked up and saw a bearded man with red hair wearing a uniform standing in the glow from the screen. The ghost was smiling at the computer. Apparently, he was enjoying listening to the show. My SO woke me up, asking me if I had seen what he saw. Freaked me out.
out of curiosity have you, your SO or your daughter have anything disturbing happen to you? B and I were talking about this a few weeks ago that most hauntings are witnessed because the person is either depressed or has had some form of a tragic life. I.e. B had a disturbed childhood and often times sees more tragic deaths or has some form of evil that is in the house -if haunted - that is after him.

On the other hand, I only see/feel things when I am depressed. Many accounts that I have come across usually occur during a time of depression in my life.

Just a thought...

annericebowl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

out of curiosity have you, your SO or your daughter have anything disturbing happen to you? B and I were talking about this a few weeks ago that most hauntings are witnessed because the person is either depressed or has had some form of a tragic life. I.e. B had a disturbed childhood and often times sees more tragic deaths or has some form of evil that is in the house -if haunted - that is after him.

On the other hand, I only see/feel things when I am depressed. Many accounts that I have come across usually occur during a time of depression in my life.

Just a thought...
My SO did have a rough childhood. He said that he's always been able to see them, and he feels that they are attracted to him for some reason. He also has told me that he's never felt that any of them have tried to harm him, but seem to seek him out for help. I also had a rough childhood, and I saw "them" when I was younger, but as I have gotten older, I have learned to not see them, but I have always been able to feel if one is near. My daughter hasn't had a rough childhood. There have been times when she has been playing in her room, quietly, and just simply playing and would run screaming out of her room. She calls the "boogey man" "Bookah". But my SO and I have both created great lives from rough up-bringings, and we still see them even during times of "good".

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I love that radio show. My SO got me hooked about a month ago. He's been a guest on there before (he has a degree in metaphysics).
cool i would bet i heard him then. i have worked nights for years
so i listen to that show alot. When i was overseas i so happy when they started there internet streaming.

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This didn't happen to me but it was weird none the less. K so my ninas'(godmother) husband passed away in 2001. About a year ago my cousin and his gf had their first baby. My nina was so happy to be a great grandma but at the same time it was hard because she couldn't share the moment with her husband. About a month after the baby had been born my uncle said he had a very vivid dream of him to the point that he said he could smell his aftershave. He told me that he was standing there during thanksgiving with all of us smiling at the new baby. That same night my nina told us that she went to take out the picture she had of the baby to show a friend and it wasn't there. So we all came to the conclusion that it had to be him letting them know he was there.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

taurus77

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love these stories! Thanks for sharing!!
Have any of you ever tried to communicate with your spirits/ghosts/entities when you see them?

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do!

My ex husband and I bought and moved into a house a couple months before my oldest son was born.
Right after I had him strange things started to happen.
The cats would freak out and follow things across the room that weren't even there.
The baby food would be rearranged ( I had it arranged by food groups..)
The radio would turn on by its self. I would have the water on cold and it would turn scalding hot.
Justice's things would be moved around.
Once, we heard the wheels on his bassinet squeak and when we went into the room it wasn't next to my bed anymore. It was next to the window.
Anytime he would cry, the radio would turn on full volume.
I could go on an on.

We eventually had someone come in and bless the house and ask the spirits to leave.
We were standing outside when he asked it/them to leave and it was the middle of summer when we felt the coldest wind ever!

Yeah, call me crazy but I know what I saw!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

My SO did have a rough childhood. He said that he's always been able to see them, and he feels that they are attracted to him for some reason. He also has told me that he's never felt that any of them have tried to harm him, but seem to seek him out for help. I also had a rough childhood, and I saw "them" when I was younger, but as I have gotten older, I have learned to not see them, but I have always been able to feel if one is near. My daughter hasn't had a rough childhood. There have been times when she has been playing in her room, quietly, and just simply playing and would run screaming out of her room. She calls the "boogey man" "Bookah". But my SO and I have both created great lives from rough up-bringings, and we still see them even during times of "good".
That's very interesting. B is better now (after 30 years
) but he gets the evil ones for some odd reason. The kind that follow you. He has some amazing ghost stories from his childhood due to the house he lived in (it use to be a stop on the Underground Railroad).

Another story I thought of that I heard a long time ago from a friend I had in high school. Actuallly it was her mother that told me the story. She said that their first house that they lived in a letter was sent to them from the grandmother of the previous family. The letter said that she hoped they were enjoying their new home and was thankful that such a young couple could enjoy the home.

Her mom only had the previous owner's number and called him to let his grandma know (or maybe it was his mother) that she got the letter and thank her for it. The previous owner said that his mother/g-ma passed away in that house 5 years before.

annericebowl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
LOL I have so many ghost stories. I lived and grew up in Savannah, GA, and there's lots of paranormal activity there.

sweets

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

I do!

My ex husband and I bought and moved into a house a couple months before my oldest son was born.
Right after I had him strange things started to happen.
The cats would freak out and follow things across the room that weren't even there.
The baby food would be rearranged ( I had it arranged by food groups..)
The radio would turn on by its self. I would have the water on cold and it would turn scalding hot.
Justice's things would be moved around.
Once, we heard the wheels on his bassinet squeak and when we went into the room it wasn't next to my bed anymore. It was next to the window.
Anytime he would cry, the radio would turn on full volume.
I could go on an on.

We eventually had someone come in and bless the house and ask the spirits to leave.
We were standing outside when he asked it/them to leave and it was the middle of summer when we felt the coldest wind ever!

Yeah, call me crazy but I know what I saw!
It sounds like the ghost was trying to take care of your son.