You know you want me to cook for you :P

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Who wants some? Capsicum stuffed with pine nuts/brown rice/portobello mushroom/parmesan and flavoured with garlic/thyme/clove/vegeta stock ground up in the mortar & pestle and some simple grilled chicken on the side.

Dinner's almost up! I've got enough for 6 (i like to cook up a big meal to eat over the week/ftnight)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
portobello mushrooms are the ones the size of your palm, they can be grilled/bbqd whole. Vegeta is a brand of dry natural vegetable stock. Well you should know what everything else is

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Whats Capsicum
I've never really tried those large mushrooms, are they the flat ones?
oh, capsicum must be called something else over there. It's a bell pepper, but it's not hot at all.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

I havent heard of a bell pepper either?
Red, green and yellow ones but not a bell one?
Bell peppers are the red, green and yellow ones... the not hot ones.

That sounds fantastic and I don't even like bell peppers!

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Capsicum?? COOL!! A new word for my limited vocabulary!
Sounds good...if you like mushrooms...

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've been into gourmet cooking and I have to admit I've never heard a bell pepper (green, red, yellow or any other colour for that matter) called by that strange name.

OK - looked it up and it says it is a tropical pepper and since we don't live anywhere remotely near the tropics, I'm assuming it is a bit different than our average green/yellow/red/orange peppers that we all grow in our veggie gardens. I'll just have to check that out further.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Lolol. The southern part of Oz isn't tropical but we still have different foods sent from the north.

This is what they look like
http://www.mun.ca/biology/scarr/Fig4...r_variants.gif

They are great for stuffing, you just cut the lid off, take out the seeds and put in anything you like. The best one which i had when i was younger was stuffed with a mix of herbs, white rice and mince meat *drool*

I wonder what you call them in England then, surely you guys have some. I'll have to ask my grandma if she had them before she came to Oz