4 oz per day of raw enough????

jasminesmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok all you raw food experts, here is a question for you. I am feeding all of our cats a raw diet, they all LOVE it, by the way, and 3 out of the 4 are eating natures variety chicken. I went on their web site and did their virtual feeding calculator and came up with 4 oz per day per cat. My question is: is that enough?? A little background on everyone eating natures varitey; all of them are about 10 lbs, 2 of them are almost 1 year and the other one is probably 2-3 years (we arn't too sure) and they are all pretty active for indoor cats. They all eat like they haven't eaten for days when it comes to feeding time, they get about 2 oz each per meal (two meals a day) and nothing else. They wake me up every morning starting at 4 am and won't leave me alone until breakfast at 6 am. Is this normal or should I be giving them more? I want to make sure they are getting enough to eat but not enough to gain any weight. Thanks everyone

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
www.barfdirect.com
has a great calculator...

My Kandie ate about 4oz ... she was at her prime 13-14lbs... in her later yrs 10-11lbs

4meezers3kids

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I was going to say, NV's site also has a calculator.

Walter is eating only under TWO oz per day, at about 8 lb ... but he WON'T eat more! He's looking good, though, and I shall watch him ...

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by 4meezers3kids

I was going to say, NV's site also has a calculator.

Walter is eating only under TWO oz per day, at about 8 lb ... but he WON'T eat more! He's looking good, though, and I shall watch him ...
Is he eating 2 medallions?? or two ounces???

4meezers3kids

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Is he eating 2 medallions?? or two ounces???
I thought the medallions were one oz?

About 2 -- 1.5 last night and about 2/3 of one this morning ... he's only eaten it since Sunday. But now refuses anything other ...

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by 4meezers3kids

I thought the medallions were one oz?

About 2 -- 1.5 last night and about 2/3 of one this morning ... he's only eaten it since Sunday. But now refuses anything other ...
some of them are others I found were 2 or so ounces
... yup I weighed them