ok something strange happened on the way into work.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok its been a long day already, I was at the hospital with my father until 2pm.
when home slept 4 hours and came into work.

after i turned into the work parking lot i would SWEAR i saw a women with child in hand walk out it in front of my truck. I should have hit them, i even stopped and looked being upset they would be walking there let alone just walk out in front of me like that..... But there was no one there.

i think i need happy drugs, or maybe just sleep

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It is close to halloween.

I'm just sayin'

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
really freaky Bruce, really freaky
that kind of stuff scares the poo outta me

okay, and now my lights just flickered

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've seen things like that before driving at night, especially if there was fog, or if I was tired. I swore one night there was a child in the road in front of me (luckily it was a country road an no one was behind me) and I slammed on my breaks. And there was no one. I can even tell you what he was wearing. A yellow t-shirt with blue stripes on the arms and blue shorts. He had blond hair He looked to be around 10-12 yrs old. He was walking down the middle of my lane, his back to me. when I came around a turn. After I stopped, he wasn't there.

It was a little foggy that night, but not bad. I have no idea why I would see blue and yellow in fog, but my heart was pounding after that.

Strange things happen sometimes. Be careful driving home, and get some sleep.

How is your father?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

okay, and now my lights just flickered
HUG, you have lots of kitties to keep you safe.

Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

Well, at least you don't have a demon alien staring at you when it rains
take s chain saw, and cut a new desgin on the tree

Originally Posted by calico2222

I can even tell you what he was wearing. A yellow t-shirt with blue stripes on the arms and blue shorts. He had blond hair He looked to be around 10-12 yrs old. He was walking down the middle of my lane, his back to me. when I came around a turn. After I stopped, he wasn't there.

It was a little foggy that night, but not bad. I have no idea why I would see blue and yellow in fog, but my heart was pounding after that.

Strange things happen sometimes. Be careful driving home, and get some sleep.

How is your father?
driving home is still a long way to go, dont get off until 8am.

But same here, she was wearing jeans, purple tank top, black bra , blonde brown hair cut short, the kid was was wearing shorts, untied toes, and no shirt.

grr, as for my father he is not suppoed to be eating nuts, well he ate like a pound of them in the last week, so he was bleeding out of butt. He had lost a lot of blood and i had to force him to go. the bleeding as stopped, Doc said if he does not pass anymore blood he can go home in the morning

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I swear to god I hit a kitten getting off the interestate tonight. Little, maybe 3 months old....white, almost perfect round circle on it's back of tabby markings. Stopped, no kitty there. I've been the kitten, before, but must've imagined hitting it!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oy that's crazy Bruce! I hope you can get some good rest when you get off! (I need some rest too...I just caught myself typing good rest as rood gest.) And I hope your dad learned his lesson! No more nuts!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only explanation I can think of for such things -- and I've seen them too -- is that when you're really tired and stressed, the electrical impulses in your brain fire off in random ways that can cause you to "flash back" momentarily to something you've seen in the past... to experience it again as if it were new.

Sort of the opposite of what they think causes deja vu, y'know?

Hope your dad is okay...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

And I hope your dad learned his lesson! No more nuts!
i doubt it

Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

The only explanation I can think of for such things -- and I've seen them too -- is that when you're really tired and stressed, the electrical impulses in your brain fire off in random ways that can cause you to "flash back" momentarily to something you've seen in the past... to experience it again as if it were new.

Sort of the opposite of what they think causes deja vu, y'know?

Hope your dad is okay...
that explanation makes much more sense then the guard telling me it was a ghost or shadow people

Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Ooooooh i've heard stories like that before.

Hope your dad is out of hospital soon. He won't be eating nuts again that's for sure
hmm, he seems to forget the NO NUTS thing about once a year.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I drive 2 hrs to work (one way)...yeah I know it - go ahead and call me nutz.

But one morning (I leave by 4:30am) I was on the country road with VERY little traffic that hour...2 lane road and about 2 miles before the little town intersection, this kid jumps out of the ditch (blue jeans and white t-shirt) and stops dead in the middle of the road - pointing to the field across from him.

I screamed cause no way would I have not hit him if he kept going considering I was doing 60 mph. He didn't do anything - just stood there pointing. I was shaking so bad after I passed him - nothing behind me. Thought about going back to see if there was a problem, but I was in the car by myself, 4:30 am and NO way was I gonna turn around. Saw a cop going the opposite way (back to where the kid was), so figured if something was really wrong, he would stop.

Later that day on the way home, I slowed down to look where I saw him - nothing there, no accident, car, tracks, nothing! It was a flat field too. So I have NO idea if the kid was a ghost or what, but I really didn't even want to go to work on that road the next day thinking the ghost kid would appear again!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I guess it could be lack of sleep making your brain play tricks on you. Then again .....
Maybe I should merge this and the ghost stories' thread?