What did everyone have for dinner tonight??

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made a HUGE dinnner tonight
My mom came over and brought her new puppy (I have pictures!!!! I will post them soon of her!) and Colin came over too on his dinner break. It was soooo yummy!! I made meatloaf, baked mac & cheese (the Cambells recipe mixed with my own recipe as i'm lactose intolerant so i use Lactaid milk), delish baked yams, corn, and my mom brought over some homemade buttermilk corn bread
It was soooo insanely deslicious!!!!!
We have lots of left overs for anyone that would like them
If anyone wants the recipes just let me know! Most of them are pretty healthy!

What did everyone else have for dinner tonight?

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a french dip combo from Arbys, and loaded potato bites. Always grab something quick before classes on Tuesday & Thursdays.

Of course, I'm hungry again. I swear I'm a bottomless pit sometimes.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nothing healthy

Fried chicken strips, fries & corn.... random, yes, but it was good

catcaregiver

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your dinner sounds yummy except for the yams <shudder>. I love a good meatloaf and macaroni and cheese is the perfect side. Total comfort food!

What did I have for dinner? Uhhhh, a fudgsicle LOL.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catcaregiver

Your dinner sounds yummy except for the yams <shudder>. I love a good meatloaf and macaroni and cheese is the perfect side. Total comfort food!

What did I have for dinner? Uhhhh, a fudgsicle LOL.
I am not huge on potatoes eithor- BUT I at least wanted to try and add some new veggies since i usually stick to my tried and true ones. (corn, spinach,etc) The way i made my yams they don't taste like yucky potatoes at all -they're actually delish!!!! Here's the recipe!

2 little tubs of no sugar added applesauce
2/3 cup brown sugar
3tbs butter ( i use smart heart or something like and sometimes the country crock fat free or low fat one)
1 teaspoon cinnamon

bake them in the oven for 20 minutes on 350- they turn out SOOOO sweet and yummy!!
This was only my second time making yams (first time was last year during for Christmas) this is the first time i've used this recipe and it turned out yummy! i found a new vegetable i like now!

catcaregiver

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

2 little tubs of no sugar added applesauce
2/3 cup brown sugar
3tbs butter ( i use smart heart or something like and sometimes the country crock fat free or low fat one)
1 teaspoon cinnamon

bake them in the oven for 20 minutes on 350- they turn out SOOOO sweet and yummy!!
This was only my second time making yams (first time was last year during for Christmas) this is the first time i've used this recipe and it turned out yummy! i found a new vegetable i like now!
Hmmm, I'm skeptical but I might give that a try.
How many yams? I assume you cube them???

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catcaregiver

Hmmm, I'm skeptical but I might give that a try.
How many yams? I assume you cube them???
I got the frozen ones. I only have two cassarole dishes, one big one and one small rectangular one (YEA- dishes were the FIRST things i put on my bridal registry
). I baked the meatloaf in the big dish and the yams in the little one.

Get the frozen ones- they're already sliced and rounded- it'll save you work! I put everything in the bottom of the cassarole dish then take a whisk and stir it all up- then i take the yam and dip it in the bottom of the dish and then stack it in 3's on its side and did 3 rows of 3 and then added a little more of that sauce to the top of it. Bake it in the oven for about 20 minutes (you can put them in there like that frozen!) and then they should be ready to eat!
They are soo good and the best part is they don't have that icky potato taste to them!

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a chicken blt salad from wendys.
I always get those they are so good.
I am not sure what;s for dinner tonight though.

mrs.harris

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Me and my Hhad spicy baked chken, green beans, and some cheesy rice stuff. And I made him a homemade oreo pie!

taurus77

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made pigs in a blanket with hot dogs sliced open and stuffed with American cheese, rolled in crescent rolls. Yumm-o!! Haven't had those in a while and it really hit the spot!