8-Bit had a snit last night...

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH and I had settled in to watch The War on PBS when 8-Bit awoke from his nightly nap. We knew we were in for a rough night with him when he played, "Beat on Scratch Until He Screams Like a Little Girl". That game is usually reserved for his 3am tear around the apartment.

He ran around here like he was a kitten again. Climbing things, trying to get into cupboards, attempting to open the refrigerator, and being an all around PIA. I swear he did laps around this place at 40mph.

Knowing that he needed a ton of attention I decided to nab him, sit him in my lap and give him the ultimate rub down. A half an hour later he was zonked out and sleeping across my head.

Trust me, I do NOT miss his kitten days.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it's the full moon.

I was attacked last night by an unnamed Bengal, and Ginger has been acting like a kitten for the last several days, playing up a storm.

Yeah, that's it, it's the Harvest Moon combined with the summer solstice...yeah....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

I think it's the full moon.

I was attacked last night by an unnamed Bengal, and Ginger has been acting like a kitten for the last several days, playing up a storm.

Yeah, that's it, it's the Harvest Moon combined with the summer solstice...yeah....
No kidding... I forgot tomorrow is a full moon. I should look forward to the same thing tonight I suppose.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tell me about it. It must be the full moon or something. I had Linus tearing around the house at 3 A.M. which isn't unusual, however this morning Sassy decided to join in as well. I had both of them playing commando kitty from the top of the dresser.
Linus is pretty small so when he jumps on you it's annoying but not life-threatening. When Sassy jumps on you it's like getting hit by an elephant.

I have said it before It's a good thing they are so cute because if they weren't

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's soo weird!

Tonka had a case of the "crazies" last night too

He's usually really laid back and doesn't have a care in the world. But, last night he was running around the house, meowing, and chasing the cat brats

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
That must be why Lucy is picking on Carly more than usual. The run-by whacks have been increasing.

yasmine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Around a full moon, molly starts doing spastic runs jumping from couch to couch and darting at yasmine.

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My 3 have been acting up too! They've just been acting rather crazy, nothing too out of the ordinary for Joey and Kahlua, but Chablis has starting running around with them at 3 am! It sounds like a herd of elephants chasing each other...

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Our kitties have been psycho as well, but that's normal for them.

Smudge has just pulled a rolled up bandage off the coffee table, then a pen, then a little silver ring, then another pen, then my sunglasses, and the iPod, and now she's trying to pull the kitty nail scissors off.

Yes, I should just clean the coffee table up, but she has so much fun pulling everything off

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Yes, I should just clean the coffee table up, but she has so much fun pulling everything off
A good meowmy would leave all the stuff up there for her to play with!

It has got to be a full moon. Ophelia just let PJ get within 5' of her & she didnt' attack!

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree! full moon mania! Although Mollie and Sophie are just fine, Cosmo has been having a nutty! Who said Ragdolls are couch potatoes? I have had to close the blinds to the sliding glass doors, because he is running so fast and recklessly, I don't want him to try and "run" through the glass doors! And he gets so mad if he can't get his way...this morning he was trying to squeeze into a small hanging house on the big cat tree. He was able to fit in it for about 2 days when I first got him and since then has shown no interest in this thing - well this AM he decided he just had to get in it again, and couldn't do it!
He could get his front end in and one back leg, then he would fall out of it! I was laughing so hard - especially when he started to verbally (can't cats do verbal?) express his annoyance. It was so obvious that he was really frustrated! Gotta love those babies!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just to confirm -- yes, the full moon is the 26th -- tomorrow. No wonder the zanies are on the rise.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh it's happening here at my house too!

Mooch has recently developed an obsession with my squirt bottle in the bathroom. If anyone even goes near the bathroom she jumpes up and meows and meows and meows at the top of her lungs for you to get the bottle. She then chases the stream of water either in the tub or in the sink. I mean she really goes wacko!!!!

bob'smom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Bob was acting strange last night as well. He hid under the bed (he usually only does that if there's company over) and refused to eat chicken & shrimp flavored cat food. He actually came over and swatted me! He wanted the tuna & shrimp and he wanted it NOW!