Im very worried!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok so I'm going to court over a roof we did.
THe homeowner breached a contract and we're going to court over it.

Anyways, to make a long story short, I was sitting on the porch talking to the girl next door about her fundraiser. She was looking through my kids book and I was looking through hers.
We both noticed a white car driving by very slowly staring at us.
I didn't think much of it and went on.
The 2nd time we thought "pervert" for staring
The 3rd time we seen him, we thought he was lost.
He turned around in the neighbors driveway and took off.
Well, the neighbor went home and I went inside.
I was standing in the kitchen eating a cookie while the boys were playing in the yard.
All of a sudden, Jake started barking and freaking out.
I looked out the window and seen the same white car out front. The man in the car was leaning out the window taking pictures of the kids!!!!!

I literally ran outside and just as I got out there I hear him ask the kids what school they went to!
I told the boys to get in the house and told him to get the *you know what* outta here.
It then dawned on me, it's the guy we're suing!!!!

Immediatly I called the police and told them what was going on.
While on hold, he drove up in my driveway and took about 6 (by counting the flashes) of me, my house, and my trucks.
I told him "The cops are on thier way!". He yelled a few cuss words and took off.
The cops came back to the line and said they were sending officers out.
While waiting for them, he drove by 2 more times.
I am infuriated!!!!!

Why in the hell is he taking pics of my children and asking them questions about thier school!
I'm extremly nervous now!

This guy lives almost 30 miles away and drove her to do this.

I'm scared to death for my kids now!
My mom came over and picked them up for a couple hours and while they were gone the police hung out in front of my house for about an hour.

I'm going tomorrow to file a restraining order against him.

According to the police, he doesn't have anything major on his record but still, why does he do this? What are his motives?

Seriously, I'm scared!

dauntingfire

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ack, thats AWFUL! Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry, hang in there ok? Take out that restraining order and file a police report. That will have a lot of weight in court. Do you have a lawyer already? Make sure he knows all of this. >
My goodness what a JERK!

Please let us know how you are ok? Why on earth would he want to know your kid's school?? D: :worries:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by dauntingfire

Ack, thats AWFUL! Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry, hang in there ok? Take out that restraining order and file a police report. That will have a lot of weight in court. Do you have a lawyer already? Make sure he knows all of this. >
My goodness what a JERK!

Please let us know how you are ok? Why on earth would he want to know your kid's school?? D: :worries:
I have no idea how any of this is his business. It really worries me about what his intentions are!

dauntingfire

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

I have no idea how any of this is his business. It really worries me about what his intentions are!
Seriously! D: Maybe he's trying to prove negligence? Why didn't he follow through with paying for the work you did? Did he complain? I was just thinking maybe he's trying to prove something about your family? (Something untrue of course, but something he thinks will support his cause?)

Or....goodness I don't want to think about it! X( Restraining order needed for sure!
Hang in there!

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The most important thing is to give a full description of the car, color, model, make, and definitely the license plate no.! This way there is no defense in court! I would be freaking as well. but next time, if there is one, try to not let him know you spotted him, call the police immediately after getting plate no. and even if you can call another neighbor to witness it as a second witness. Sounds redundant but when it comes to legalities, you can never be to safe!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww hun i'm so sorry *hugs* I think in the case of suing/being sued, this guy has no right to be coming to your property and taking photos, unless he actually approaches you and discusses it first. That is tresspassing and an invasion of privacy,and i'm pretty sure it's illegal in any country.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cheylink

The most important thing is to give a full description of the car, color, model, make, and definitely the license plate no.! This way there is no defense in court! I would be freaking as well. but next time, if there is one, try to not let him know you spotted him, call the police immediately after getting plate no. and even if you can call another neighbor to witness it as a second witness. Sounds redundant but when it comes to legalities, you can never be to safe!
You are only putting yourself at danger running outside and trying to confront him Alycia- that's dangerous, what if he had a gun rather than a camera? Be safe! Next time get the description of the vehicle, lisence/etc and call the cops immediately. I would definitely get an order of protection or restraining order taken out immediately against him and be sure that your childrens school knows that they are NOT to let your children go with anyone except for you or you husband.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by dauntingfire

Seriously! D: Maybe he's trying to prove negligence? Why didn't he follow through with paying for the work you did? Did he complain? I was just thinking maybe he's trying to prove something about your family? (Something untrue of course, but something he thinks will support his cause?)

Or....goodness I don't want to think about it! X( Restraining order needed for sure!
Hang in there!
He refused to pay for additional materials to complete the job. So we told him that all work would cease. He also refused to pay the remaining on the account so we placed a lien on his property. He then filed a case against us stating we did not complete the job. So I then counterfiled against him.

I did!

Originally Posted by Dragoriana

That is tresspassing and an invasion of privacy,and i'm pretty sure it's illegal in any country.
It's both!

Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

You are only putting yourself at danger running outside and trying to confront him Alycia- that's dangerous, what if he had a gun rather than a camera? Be safe! Next time get the description of the vehicle, lisence/etc and call the cops immediately. I would definitely get an order of protection or restraining order taken out immediately against him and be sure that your childrens school knows that they are NOT to let your children go with anyone except for you or you husband.
The reason I went out there was because I seen a strange man questioning my children and taking thier picture.. So I was obviously protecting my children.
I would rather get shot then my kids. The police have all the information on him but can't get him to answer the phone or return any calls. And in the words of the police officer "This is too suspicious to let go. I would not stop until I had an answer!"

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

He refused to pay for additional materials to complete the job. So we told him that all work would cease. He also refused to pay the remaining on the account so we placed a lien on his property. He then filed a case against us stating we did not complete the job. So I then counterfiled against him.

I did!

It's both!

The reason I went out there was because I seen a strange man questioning my children and taking thier picture.. So I was obviously protecting my children.
I would rather get shot then my kids. The police have all the information on him but can't get him to answer the phone or return any calls. And in the words of the police officer "This is too suspicious to let go. I would not stop until I had an answer!"
Wow! This guy sounds like a complete Psycho! I would feel the same! If you already have a restraining order, he shows his ugly mug or his car in the vicinity, jail bird!
Not aware of your children's ages, but you may want to have them alert and some what aware of the situation so they can communicate suspicious activity as well........

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Wow! This guy sounds like a complete Psycho! I would feel the same! If you already have a restraining order, he shows his ugly mug or his car in the vicinity, jail bird!
Not aware of your children's ages, but you may want to have them alert and some what aware of the situation so they can communicate suspicious activity as well........
They're 5 and 9.... they know not to talk to strangers
But honestly, since when does that stop kidnappers?

Also, my 9 year old carries a cell phone at all times on him!
He knows how to call 911 and our address and phone # too

ETA: I forgot to add, In the past on the phone he has made numerous comments like "You don't want me to come to your house.. BIG problems if I do"

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You may want call your childrens' school and alert them to what is going on, with a full description of the car and person. Were he to find out what school they go to he may try waiting outside.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
wow! Sounds like he is trying to scare you just to drop the lawsuit. You did well though! Just make sure the kids are accompanied to and from school.

above all STAY SAFE!!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's trying to intimidate you so you'll drop your claim against him. But once you document his behavior, any decent judge ought to award you the case by default, and probably punitive damages as well.

Please don't let your kids walk to school, don't let your animals outside, don't leave any door or window unlocked ever! Make sure your smoke detectors are working in case he's completely out of his mind and wants to burn your house down. Record every incoming call in case it's him, so you can capture it if he makes another threat.

Do tell the school AND your kids they must not go anywhere with anyone but family, no matter what someone may tell them. Warn the kids that someone might say "Mommy sent me, she's in the hospital," or something like that. Tell them to scream and run the other way.

It's awful to have to say such things to a child. I'm so sorry this is happening.

Please be careful. Close all your drapes and blinds, don't let the kids be outside without you... have the camera ready, video if possible, and record it if he even so much as drives by the house again.

Restrain yourself from making any threats in response to him, other than to assure him that you will press charges.

Be safe. I'll be thinking safe thoughts for your family.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

He's trying to intimidate you so you'll drop your claim against him....
Exactly! He's trying to scare you.

There's nothing wrong with telling your kids to be careful. They already know something's wrong with that guy and they should trust their instincts. Tell them what they ought to do if the man approaches them again, or if someone else they don't know asks them questions. Once they know how to react, they will feel and be safer.

Good luck and keep us posted.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

You may want call your childrens' school and alert them to what is going on, with a full description of the car and person. Were he to find out what school they go to he may try waiting outside.
Originally Posted by lunasmom

wow! Sounds like he is trying to scare you just to drop the lawsuit. You did well though! Just make sure the kids are accompanied to and from school.

above all STAY SAFE!!
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

He's trying to intimidate you so you'll drop your claim against him. But once you document his behavior, any decent judge ought to award you the case by default, and probably punitive damages as well.

Please don't let your kids walk to school, don't let your animals outside, don't leave any door or window unlocked ever! Make sure your smoke detectors are working in case he's completely out of his mind and wants to burn your house down. Record every incoming call in case it's him, so you can capture it if he makes another threat.

Do tell the school AND your kids they must not go anywhere with anyone but family, no matter what someone may tell them. Warn the kids that someone might say "Mommy sent me, she's in the hospital," or something like that. Tell them to scream and run the other way.

It's awful to have to say such things to a child. I'm so sorry this is happening.

Please be careful. Close all your drapes and blinds, don't let the kids be outside without you... have the camera ready, video if possible, and record it if he even so much as drives by the house again.

Restrain yourself from making any threats in response to him, other than to assure him that you will press charges.

Be safe. I'll be thinking safe thoughts for your family.
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

Exactly! He's trying to scare you.

There's nothing wrong with telling your kids to be careful. They already know something's wrong with that guy and they should trust their instincts. Tell them what they ought to do if the man approaches them again, or if someone else they don't know asks them questions. Once they know how to react, they will feel and be safer.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Thanks Everyone!
We had the kids sleep in our room last night with us and I called the school first thing this morning. I told them the case # and officer's name.
They didn't go to school this morning because of this and they both have nasty colds

They are both aware of what to do if someone approaches them.
They never walk to school. I drive them and walk them to class.
In the afternoon they go to afterschool care and are picked up by the director of the center.
I'm leaving in just a few minutes to go file the restraining order.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you don't have a lawyer for your case, you'd better get one as of yesterday. If you have one - you'd better call him now and report what happened!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

If you don't have a lawyer for your case, you'd better get one as of yesterday. If you have one - you'd better call him now and report what happened!
Rest assured... he was contacted last night over this!