Chief has crossed the bridge

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Many of you on this site have asked me about Chief since I first posted about him and I wanted to give you this sad update.

Chief is my niece's cat, a very sweet and even-tempered buff red tabby who was loved by his cat mom, Sara, and his cat grandparents (my sister and her husband). Although Chief lived far away from me, he was always my little buddy when I would visit with him. Sara adopted him as a young teenager and he saw her through college and into adult hood. He lived many of his years with my sister and her husband as Sara completed her studies both in the states and abroad.

Chief became ill with digestive problems in July and I posted for help in the Health forums. Many of you responded with outstanding advice which I passed onto his family and it truly helped them work through those problems. Unfortunately, an MRI detected advanced Lymphoma. Chief was treated with chemo therapy but it was too far advanced to be put in remission. He crossed yesterday afternoon at 14 years old.

My family and I would like to thank everyone on this site who has provided advice and vibes during Chief's illness over the last few months. They were stunned that complete strangers would take time out of their lives to help a cat that they never met.

Romp free over the bridge little buddy!! May you find friendship with your cat cousins!!

to Sara

to Chief

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Rest in Peace, Chief. Your companionship will be missed.

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So sorry for your families loss! He sounded like he was so special!
Death never arrives at the right time, even for our beloved animals!
All I believe is we will be with them again one day, without ever having
to lose them again!!! Chief, I know your deeply missed! RIP sweetie!

greycat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My deepest condolences to you, your neice and her family. He will be missed.

May Chief R.I.P. pain-free and play with all of the kitties that have preceeded him and be a kind guide to those yet to follow.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
it's harder when someone you love loses a dear companion, sometimes, than it is when you lose one of your own. Chief was like both, wasn't he?