Azmira?

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been looking around town for good wet food for for my kitties (I don't like what's in Petco and Petsmart). There's a holistic pet care store that carries Azmira (their own brand) and I'm wondering what you think of it. Here's it's website: http://www.azmira.com/ProductFoods.htm

They seem to have an awful lot of grains and I don't like seeing corn in any form, but I'm seeking more opinions.

Thanks in advance.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Are the formulas for the canned cat & dog....all one formula? If so, IMO, there's no way it can be complete & I wouldn't use it too often.

The dry, ew, ew, ew...too much grains. I hate soybean anything in pet foods. Genergal poultry fat, IMO is kinda gross too.

sharky aught to be along to elaborate further!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know, there are a lot of red flags. they were nice on the phone and bragged about all their great ingredients but there were things that made me cringe.
Ew, I didn't see the poultry fat. Guess I didn't look very carefully. *cringe*

I'm going off to look at the Innova store locator.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They probably think it's a great food. Same as vets think Science Diet is wonderful!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Poultry fat is often like with Nutro chicken fat but the factory also produces turkey fat or another bird so with any conscinous the company cant label it CHICKEN many have had legal issues over it..

here is the dry
from the link

Classic Formula Cat Food (Facts Only!)

Poultry MealYIKES I dont have issue with fat but is it pigeon , grouse ,chicken???, Whole Ground Yellow Corn, Full Fat Soybeans, two I would avoid .. SOY is a HIGH allergen ,Ground Whole Wheat,fine if no allergies are present .. Whole Brown Rice, Poultry Fat preserved with natural mixed tocopherols, Citric Acid, Rosemary Extract, and Ascorbyl Palmitate (a Vitamin C ester), Oatmeal, Whole Dried Egg, Menhaden Fish MealTHE ONLY FISH that is NOT for human consumption, Natural Flavors, Flax Seed, Phosphoric Acid, Monosodium Phosphate, Calcium Carbonate, Choline Chloride, Dried Kelp, Taurine, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Vitamin Supplements (E, A, B2, B12, D3), Niacin, Calcium Ascorbate, Calcium Pantothenate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Inositol, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (source of Vitamin K activity), Folic Acid, Biotin, Zinc Proteinate, Zinc Oxide, Ferrous Fulfate, Iron Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Proteinate, Cobalt Proteinate, Potassium Iodide, Sodium Selenite.

WAY TO GRainy ... many that should not be in ONE formula ... non specific meat .. It is premium but I think more comparable to grocery

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

They probably think it's a great food. Same as vets think Science Diet is wonderful!
Oh, yes, never ever question the Almighty Science Diet Authority.

Originally Posted by sharky

Poultry fat is often like with Nutro chicken fat but the factory also produces turkey fat or another bird so with any conscinous the company cant label it CHICKEN many have had legal issues over it..

here is the dry
from the link

Classic Formula Cat Food (Facts Only!)

Poultry MealYIKES I dont have issue with fat but is it pigeon , grouse ,chicken???, Whole Ground Yellow Corn, Full Fat Soybeans, two I would avoid .. SOY is a HIGH allergen ,Ground Whole Wheat,fine if no allergies are present .. Whole Brown Rice, Poultry Fat preserved with natural mixed tocopherols, Citric Acid, Rosemary Extract, and Ascorbyl Palmitate (a Vitamin C ester), Oatmeal, Whole Dried Egg, Menhaden Fish MealTHE ONLY FISH that is NOT for human consumption, Natural Flavors, Flax Seed, Phosphoric Acid, Monosodium Phosphate, Calcium Carbonate, Choline Chloride, Dried Kelp, Taurine, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Vitamin Supplements (E, A, B2, B12, D3), Niacin, Calcium Ascorbate, Calcium Pantothenate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Inositol, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (source of Vitamin K activity), Folic Acid, Biotin, Zinc Proteinate, Zinc Oxide, Ferrous Fulfate, Iron Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Proteinate, Cobalt Proteinate, Potassium Iodide, Sodium Selenite.

WAY TO GRainy ... many that should not be in ONE formula ... non specific meat .. It is premium but I think more comparable to grocery
Thanks sharky. You pretty much confirmed my doubts. The way they talked about it on the phone I was expecting to see something really good. *sigh*
I found a store that is pretty close that sells Natura products, though.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am not very trusting of Natura at the moment but OVERALL they make very good lines