Wet food recommendations for UTI prone cats

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can anyone suggest wet food for UTI prone cats? Lexi seems to really like wet food and I don't want to deprive her if there is something that I can give her without her getting UTI's. I know that grain free is out of the question for her now so I would like something that is still a better quality, but will prevent her from getting UTI's. Thanks.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
In wet some grain free s are not out ...

.025 % mag is the Max for uti .... I prefer .022

AVOID fish

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What does she like???

Nutro
Natural balence
Wellness
Evangers

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
would you like the list ??? I have it somewhere

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sofiecusion

I have a UTI kitty. They get Nutro canned. I feed all flavors but fish.
I was thinking Nutro and staying away from the fish. She sure loves wet food. She comes running from my room to the kitchen when you open the can.

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Duchess15

I was thinking Nutro and staying away from the fish. She sure loves wet food. She comes running from my room to the kitchen when you open the can.
Sounds like a plan. Summer has been UTI free since she's switched! What dry is she on? Mine also get Nutro dry. Chevy reacted badly to the c/d and it became too hard to keep them out of each other's dishes...

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You know, the one my UTI kitties have loved 4 paws down is Pro Pac Beef. Try to find it in a store, though. It's next to impossible!
I order it from PFD.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

You know, the one my UTI kitties have loved 4 paws down is Pro Pac Beef. Try to find it in a store, though. It's next to impossible!
I order it from PFD.
Is that Nutro brand also?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If the kitty uses it and you have room it is great ... Uti kitties need water so it would be a good idea

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats really liked it when we got a fountain. They've had UTI troubles when younger.

I was also going to recommend Pro Plan for Urinary Health canned. My cats liked it when they had troubles. It's a chicken in gravy style food. But I don't know if you are only looking at the all natural type foods.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by littleraven7726

My cats really liked it when we got a fountain. They've had UTI troubles when younger.

I was also going to recommend Pro Plan for Urinary Health canned. My cats liked it when they had troubles. It's a chicken in gravy style food. But I don't know if you are only looking at the all natural type foods.
I hadn't thought of that. Is the mjeat chunky since it's in gravy? I don't know if she would eat it, but I'll take a look.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I do feed the Pro Plan Urinary Tract Health formula cans as well. Big hit here, too!
The texture if very different, it's like...minced bits. Very tiny. And apparently very