How do I handle this?

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I work this Sunday, during my lil sis' confirmation!!

I put in for the time off & told them I needed to day off. I have to talk to someone about it tomorrow, but what do I say?

I mean, I put in for the time off on the computer, I told them...and they still schedule me? I dunno, if it comes down to it, I'll get "sick" on that day....I am NOT missing my lil sis' confirmation! She only gets confirmed once!

They probably scheduled me because I got this weekend off, I took Saturday off for the Walk for Animals. But I am avaliable next Saturday, why couldn't they schedule me then?

jenc511

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Without knowing where you work or what you do, I can only suggest bringing it up to your supervisor and explaining that you went through the proper channels to request the time off and have obligations that day.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
See if you can maybe find someone to switch shifts with you. But before you arrange it talk to your supervisor about it and let her know that so and so is willing to switch a shift with you.

I had the same problem where I work. I was scheduled to write my nursing exam on a specific date and I told the person hiring me that I was not able to work that day. He said it was fine and I wouldn't be expected to.

When I saw the schedule for that month I saw I was scheduled to work that day! I talked to my supervisor and told her what the guy who hired me said. She informed me that she runs the ward, not him and that I was scheduled to work that day.

I did get the day off, but I think I told her that I was going to call in sick otherwise, LOL

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I work at JCPenney. There is essentially one other person who can work for me, the other 2 people can't work for me as they are scheduled as many hours they can work every week(they can never fill in). The one other person who can work for me never switched, she had a brain tumor. (That is what she says "I can't work for you, I had a brain tumor.) The last person only works one day a week, Monday.

So, there is no one to work for me unless a supervisor makes them. This will be fun talking to them tomorrow! I shall ask around, but there is a total of like 5 of us who are trained to work in my dept.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would tell my supervisor I requested the day off and I absolutely cannot work it.... you did the requesting the right way, it's not your problem, its theirs

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

I would tell my supervisor I requested the day off and I absolutely cannot work it.... you did the requesting the right way, it's not your problem, its theirs
that and if they let you have sat off offer to work it

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Natalie- can I ask what church your sister is getting confirmed at?? I only ask becuase my brother & cousin get confirmed this weekend (Sunday) as well

I might be coming home for it, we aren't sure yet!

I hope you can get the day off though...