Cat Only Likes People Food!

commmajor101

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone,
My cat (who is getting to the end of her life) has recently not been eating as much of her regular food as she used to. We've tried wet food, other dry food brands, treats, even dog food and she's just not eating all the much (she does eat some!). The only types of food she shows actual interest in is people food. haha! Because I want my kitty to eat, I'm giving her people food. My question is, is there people food that would be ok for my cat to eat? She really likes deli meat but that's pretty high in sodium. So before I give my cat high blood pressure, I'd like to see if you all have any suggestions as to healthier people food to feed her. haha.

Thanks for your help,
CommMajor101

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
People food as a treat if fine - but not as a steady diet. She really should be eating cat food.

However, there may be a solution. Is it possible to get her a GOOD cat vitimin that would have everything she needs and she would take that once a day and still feed her people food?

Processed lunchmeat is NOT good - do not give her that. If she wants people food, she will have to learn to eat boiled chicken, hamburger and maybe lamb. A VERY small amount of fish can be given.

Also add in some green beans (mashed) for extra vitimins. You might add some brewer's yeast to the mixture too.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I agree NO lunch meats... have you tried tuna water over a can>???

Has the cat had a senior panel within the last six months??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

commmajor101

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you golden kitty and sharky for your advice. I know she needs to be eating cat food, but she won't. She just won't eat it. So the deli meat is the only thing she's consuming, whether it's good for her or not. I did some research and no sites said not to give it to her, but I do realize it's meant for people. I just don't know what to do for her
It's very sad.

momto3cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Have you tried canned food? There are so many different flavors and textures out there, you might be able to find something she'll eat. Or try baby food meat - it isn't complete, but is at least healthier than deli meat.

You might be able to use bits of her favorite deli meat as a bribe food. Just put bite-size pieces on top of the food you want her to eat.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As for "people" food..can you not feed them chicken breasts cooked?

I'm not sure but I thought I heard that here before...

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

As for "people" food..can you not feed them chicken breasts cooked?

I'm not sure but I thought I heard that here before...
Yes you can feed chn breasts cooked or raw ...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

commmajor101

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by momto3cats

Have you tried canned food? There are so many different flavors and textures out there, you might be able to find something she'll eat. Or try baby food meat - it isn't complete, but is at least healthier than deli meat.

You might be able to use bits of her favorite deli meat as a bribe food. Just put bite-size pieces on top of the food you want her to eat.
Yeah, we've tried both canned food and deli meat as a bribe. No go.
And I read that you shouldn't feed cats baby food. Thanks for your help

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CommMajor101

Yeah, we've tried both canned food and deli meat as a bribe. No go.
And I read that you shouldn't feed cats baby food. Thanks for your help
Baby food WITHOUT onions and garlic are fine.... most of those are stage 1 meat and gravy only but I do use alot of stage two s that also dont have them