World's Best Cat Litter

missourigrl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I posted a few days ago about being worried about what I had heard recently about clumping cat litter. I bought World's Best Cat Litter this weekend. I originally wanted to get Feline Pine Scoopable, but the place I went only had the small box and I wanted the bigger bag. They had big bags of World's Best Cat Litter so I got it instead. I also liked the fact that it's consistency is similar to the clay litter that both of my cats are used to.

Anyway, my question is how much should I put in their litter boxes? An inch or two deep maybe? I'm used to putting a lot of clay litter in each of their boxes, do I need to put a lot in with this kind of litter?

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just put in whatever you normally put in....3" or so. I have one cat who LOVES to dig in the litter, so I fill one box with about 4". I have one cat who doesn't like a lot of litter, so I fill the she uses most frequently with only about 2". So, whatever your kitties are used to is how much to fill it with.

Stephanie

artgecko

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I just put the same amount, ~2.5 inches. I would suggust that you not scoop RIGHT after they go though (if you do that already) because it takes it a little longer to clump really hard than the regular clay clumping litter.

Art

abigail

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Latitude: 45° 31' North Longitude: 122° 39' We
i like it deep 3-4 inches because it's less likely to hit the bottom of the litter pan and infuse the plastic with a urine smell. I have one cat and three boxes and WBCL lasts forever !! almost. I use multicat although it costs more I only completely change the litter and disinfect the boxes every few months.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love it! I have two very unsmelly litter boxes. I scoopy daily and add a cup or two every 4-5 days to keep the level at about 3". I only completely change out the box about every 6 weeks to 2 months (2 months if I'm feeling lazy that particular time).

With 2 cats I find it is still cheaper than using clay litter which IMO is horrible stuff.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

missourigrl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So far I really like WBCL. My only complaint is that it claims to have superior odor control, but I can still smell the litter boxes (I have 2) in my house. Before, when I used regular clay litter, I never noticed a smell. With WBCL I can tell when someone's been doing their duty (#2). They both cover up their business when they are done. Has anyone else had this problem with odor control and WBCL?

whuckleberry

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes, when I used WBCL I definitely noticed more odor, as compared with clay. Something about the poo mixed with corn, it just smelled different.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

missourigrl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, it does smell different, but it's stronger too. I can smell the poo smell throughout the house, with clay there was no smell at all. I'm thinking about switching back to clay because of it.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
smell control the best I have found is feline pine scoopable ....

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Agreed! the feline pine scoopable is really really good for the odour control. I will say however, that I'm almost finished my bag of the FPS and am going to pick up a bag of WBCL right after this so I can try them back to back....experiencing some serious tracking with this stuff.

I hate the smell of clay litter!
its not that I can smell the poo directly, but it has such a dusty dirty smell to it, even when it's poured fresh out of the bag. I really notice an improvement in the air quality in my apartment since I switched back to eco friendly litter again.

G

ghostuser

That's weird. I always smelled the litter box when we used clay litter, and since switching to WBCL I only smell it if someone has just used it. I usually mix in some Nature's Miracle just in case.. but I didn't this time, since I was out of it, and I haven't really noticed a difference.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by wishiwas

That's weird. I always smelled the litter box when we used clay litter, and since switching to WBCL I only smell it if someone has just used it. I usually mix in some Nature's Miracle just in case.. but I didn't this time, since I was out of it, and I haven't really noticed a difference.
I've had the same experience. I only notice an odour immediately after they use the litter box which dissipates quickly to no odour, somewhat like going into the human bathroom after someone has gone #2 - slight odour for a minute or so.

ms.blackie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
smell control the best I have found is feline pine scoopable ....

So far loving Feline pine scoopable
I agree, it is a bit more tracking then clay, but great odor control
also I will not have to completely change once per week. I'm going
to change every 10 - 14 days not sure. So I am going to save dollars
here. My kitty is allergic to WBCL, good product just couldn't use it.

eggytoast

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

I've had the same experience. I only notice an odour immediately after they use the litter box which dissipates quickly to no odour, somewhat like going into the human bathroom after someone has gone #2 - slight odour for a minute or so.
Same here. You know when they've gone but it's dissipated/absorbed after a few minutes. I like the fact that it clumps without being very dusty. There's still some dust but it's not bad.