New babies!

magnoliachat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sassy, one of my top Peterbalds, had her babies yesterday. 7 beautiful Peterbald kittens!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most look "white looking" - what color is the darker one (or will be?) - 2 of them look like they will have hair.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

magnoliachat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Most look "white looking" - what color is the darker one (or will be?) - 2 of them look like they will have hair.
The white ones are pointed (develop their points later). Peterbalds are a hair losing breed. Most are born with fuzz and lose that fuzz as they get older. One in this litter is a straight coat - the real fuzzy white one.

The darker one is a chocolate tabby.

magnoliachat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lioness

Congratulations!!

Hope they all grow up to be healthy and happy!
Thanks! I will update their pictures in a couple of weeks.

magnoliachat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

they are adorable! so the white fuzzy one will keep it's fur?
Thanks! Yeah, he will be a straight coat. Regular coated cat with the type and color of a Siamese with the Peterbald Personality. I won't know what color his points will be for a few weeks. This is a repeat breeding and produced Flame Points and Seal Points in the last litter.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Magnoliachat

Thanks! Yeah, he will be a straight coat. Regular coated cat with the type and color of a Siamese with the Peterbald Personality. I won't know what color his points will be for a few weeks. This is a repeat breeding and produced Flame Points and Seal Points in the last litter.
wow! that is really fascinating! I had no idea that could happen. So, do those babies go for a lesser price cause they're furry? Can they be bred and produce bald Peterbalds? do you ever get a furry one that isn't pointed? so for all the questions, I just think that is really neat. Ok, one more question: how do you describe the personality of a Peterbald vs that of a Siamese?

dauntingfire

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was so curious about Peterbald cats that I had to go visit your website. MY GOODNESS they are so pretty! I have never been a sphynx fan but these cats are totally gorgeous. It's like their build and muscles are what make them lovely & elegant.

I just have never seen such an unusual cat before.
Your babies are so precious too! Congrats! <3 Please keep posting pics as they grow!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What color are the parents - how do you know the "white" ones will all be pointed unless both parents are pointed or carrying pointed. One has to be a solid color carrying points if you have a chocolate and a white in there. The rest all can't be pointed.

And even if the parents are carrying points not ALL the kittens will be pointed.

magnoliachat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

What color are the parents - how do you know the "white" ones will all be pointed unless both parents are pointed or carrying pointed. One has to be a solid color carrying points if you have a chocolate and a white in there. The rest all can't be pointed.

And even if the parents are carrying points not ALL the kittens will be pointed.
Both parents carry points. This is a repeat breeding. Neither have ever produced a white - they have produced chocolates, seal points, flame points, and tabby.

magnoliachat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by dauntingfire

I was so curious about Peterbald cats that I had to go visit your website. MY GOODNESS they are so pretty! I have never been a sphynx fan but these cats are totally gorgeous. It's like their build and muscles are what make them lovely & elegant.

I just have never seen such an unusual cat before.
Your babies are so precious too! Congrats! <3 Please keep posting pics as they grow!
Thank you so much! I have been breeding Peterbalds for a long time now. I am the longest active breeder in the U.S. and still have the first Peterbald in the U.S. She is retired and living the life of luxury now.

I had Sphynx and Siamese in the past (at different times). The Peterbald combined that wonderful elegant look with the hairlessness of the Sphynx. They are absolutely a beautiful breed. Long and elegant

magnoliachat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

wow! that is really fascinating! I had no idea that could happen. So, do those babies go for a lesser price cause they're furry? Can they be bred and produce bald Peterbalds? do you ever get a furry one that isn't pointed? so for all the questions, I just think that is really neat. Ok, one more question: how do you describe the personality of a Peterbald vs that of a Siamese?
The straight coats can be used in a good breeding program, but don't carry the hairless gene. I have used some outstanding ones in the past and have one young male now that will be used, as well. The Peterbald uses the Oriental Shorthair and Siamese as an outcross, so the straight coats are still common in litters. They look a lot like Oriental Shorthairs.

The personality of a Peterbald is EXTREME people focus. They are very very interactive with their owners - fetch, come when called, etc... They love to cuddle, but are very active and athletic. They, usually, do not have the Siamese voice, but are vocal. It depends on the lines. If a Siamese is close in the ancestry, you can get that Siamese voice.

If you look on my site, these babies are Sassy and Endy's. The last breeding produced some top show cats.

I, usually, place the straight coats in pet homes for a much lower price. Once people see them, though, they LOVE them. I will find a picture of my young male straight coat and post it here in a few minutes.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok so they are colored parents carrying the pointed gene? I'm surprised that you don't have more solid colors and will get that many pointed kittens in the end.

If they are carrying pointed, that is recessive and the dominate colors SHOULD be the majority.

Also which association recognizes them for showing? Just TICA?

magnoliachat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is Rodney. He is a straight coat Peterbald - 5 months old. He is my first all white Peterbald.

magnoliachat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Ok so they are colored parents carrying the pointed gene? I'm surprised that you don't have more solid colors and will get that many pointed kittens in the end.

If they are carrying pointed, that is recessive and the dominate colors SHOULD be the majority.

Also which association recognizes them for showing? Just TICA?
The Mom is a Seal Point.

They have championship status in TICA.

The last breeding had some solid chocolates. There is not a white cat in the genetic line of either cat.

magnoliachat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is a quick video that I did for a family that was getting two kittens from me at the same time. The male kitten is a Flame Lynx Point. He is 4 months old in the video. The girl is a Tortie. She is only 9 weeks old in the video, so is much smaller.

They both are doing wonderful with their new family now. In this video, they both still have some peach fuzz on them. They will both be hairless as adults. Thought this would help show a Peterbald kitten better than just pictures:

There are a few videos that I have up on the Peterbald and the Bramble on youtube. Just put Magnoliachat in the search and they will come up.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ahhh....I open this thread to see nekkid babies....and not only do I get to
over nekkid babies, but I get to see a white kitty too!!

magnoliachat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks all!

I am relaying all your messages to Sassy, the Mom.