My rat Calypso!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
my goal was to not run the a/c this year ( I did it!) but in the process my rat, Calypso got pretty hot, so I put a little tiny fan on top of her cage. these are pics of her "catching the beeze"
the first time I saw her doing this I though she was dead!!
but she wasn't

jane_vernon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww She's so sweet!

Btw - Is that wood shavings she's on? Cause if it is, they aren't so good for rats as they can cause respiratory problems! If not, then just ignore me

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jane_vernon

Awww She's so sweet!

Btw - Is that wood shavings she's on? Cause if it is, they aren't so good for rats as they can cause respiratory problems! If not, then just ignore me
no its Carefresh, the gray colored one cause that's the only color they had in the big bag- I wanted pink!

frisk

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Awww, too cute!

I love rodents, but my mother would never let me have one, she's terrified of them.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thats so funny how shes catching a breeze
What a smart girl!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a ceiling fan in my living room and she used to lay just right to catch the breeze from that so I decided to give her her very own fan
I used to put frozen water bottles in there but she would just chew a hole in them and flood her cage

I, as well as a couple other folks on here, jane vernon and stormy to name 2, I think would highly recommend rats as pets
as far as pocket pets go, they are the best IMO. Calypso has never bitten me, is very sweet, loves the cats (thru her lid
) and is smart!