Lazer Fun!

jarvis

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How many of you have those lazer toys for your pets?

I saw one on my trip to Petsmart yesterday and decided to pick it up..'

OMG it's great!!
Ike chases it around and it's a great workout!

I even put it up on my ceiling to see what she would do...she hopped up on my barstool, jumped onto the show holder on the back of my door and clibmed my closet doors all the way to the ceiling!!! Me and my SO were
And after we are tired of playing with it, Ike spends the next 5 minutes searching for it and asking "meeeowmy! Where's the dot!?"
Hehe

Oh and the dog at our place loves it too!

tallulah

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes I have one they are great excercise for the cats all three of mine chase it when it is on, I find its best in the dark.

frisk

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I bought one for Frisco a few weeks ago. He LOVES it! I didn't know he could run so fast! It's great exercise.

It didn't take long for him to find out where the 'little dot' came from and now I have to hide the pen because if I leave it on a table somewhere he will jump up and steal it!

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good investment! Mine go crazy for the laser light, dogs and the cat. They fight over it and all try to chase it at the same time, it is chaos and really funny for laser light time! They hear the jingle of the keychain and everyone gets ready for the chase. They even know the name of the toy.

frisk

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cococat

Good investment! Mine go crazy for the laser light, dogs and the cat. They fight over it and all try to chase it at the same time, it is chaos and really funny for laser light time! They hear the jingle of the keychain and everyone gets ready for the chase. They even know the name of the toy.
Yeah, I forgot to add Frisco knows the sound of the jingle too.
As soon as I pick it up, no matter how queitly I do it, he hears it and comes running!

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We got 2 lasers! But... one's missing at the moment.
It's funny because they hear the noise of us picking it up because it has a little thing on it so it can be attached to a key chain and they come running! They love it!

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to take the keychain part off because if I just bumped it, the girls would go psycho until I turned it on for them! They come running to the tiny little muted click that the button makes when it turns on. They LOVE that thing!!!

menasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

I had to take the keychain part off because if I just bumped it, the girls would go psycho until I turned it on for them! They come running to the tiny little muted click that the button makes when it turns on. They LOVE that thing!!!
YES, YES, YES!!! Me too!!! If I even touched the keychain part, Sophia would come bounding into the house, so even if I really didn't have time to start playing, I'd feel bad and play for about 3minutes, get her REALLY tired, then put it down...

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
THe one I have is a cheapo one that just has a tiny little dot that I can barely see, let alone Riley so I dont really use it. I plan to get a better one soon, because he loved chasing it when he could actually find it.

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by menasmom

YES, YES, YES!!! Me too!!! If I even touched the keychain part, Sophia would come bounding into the house, so even if I really didn't have time to start playing, I'd feel bad and play for about 3minutes, get her REALLY tired, then put it down...
But we keep our keychain on.
They get so wound up they end up panting like dogs!

charliefarley

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi not sure if connected to laser light but i took delivery of one a week ago
charlie went mad for it till batteries ran out after two days. Now she seems to have gone a bit loopy pouncing on something that is not there and has taken to chaseing something along the floor and then pawing like digging a hole but nothing is there not sure if conntected to the laser light but she did not do any of this strange behaviour before. The light was never shone in her eyes so a bit concerned.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG my cats just love that thing! The first time I used it w/ them I laughed so hard I just about wet my pants!
They were chasing it up the walls, over the beds, everywhere!

But I found out the hard way that you have to be careful w/ it, and limit the amount of time they play w/ it: Geronimo got so wound up chasing it that he started panting badly, and ended up having a bad coughing/gagging attack. I don't know if it's b/c of his FIP and all that activity aggravated his lungs badly and caused the attack, but I do know that I have to be careful and limit the time he plays w/ it - Winchester too.

Like the rest of y'all, as soon as they hear the jingle of the keychain it's on, they come running! And I also have to keep it hid from them when not in use.

KittKatt