Explosion!!!

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night while visting the folks we heard an explosion. They live in Indiana close to the MI state line. Well apparently some guys house in MI blew up!! He's in critical condition and there is an investigation as to why his house blew up. That is crazy. I hope the poor guy makes it.

mrs.harris

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is far fetched, but alot of houses close to my home town have blown up because of meth labs! Hope it isn't that!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mrs.Harris

This is far fetched, but alot of houses close to my home town have blown up because of meth labs! Hope it isn't that!!
The investigators think it was meth or ammo or gas. I'm betting gas.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just saw on the news that it was indeed gas that caused it.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A house less than a mile from where I live now blew up while I was in high school due to a gas leak. The man and his daughter were putting a tile floor in the kitchen and hadn't shut off the gas properly. The daughter had spent the night at a friends house down the street so she survived, but there was nothing of the Dad to recover.
The mother was out of the country and there was an older daughter in college at the time.

I lived about 5 miles from it and I heard it clearly. My friend was so startled by the noise she fell out of her bed. My step-dad worked with a guy who's house was next door and it was moved off it's foundation and he and his wife had shrapnel injuries. It was an awful tragedy. I'll never forget it.
It's part of the reason I was so cautious when I smelled gas in my house last spring. Thank GOD that I caught it early!

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

A house less than a mile from where I live now blew up while I was in high school due to a gas leak. The man and his daughter were putting a tile floor in the kitchen and hadn't shut off the gas properly. The daughter had spent the night at a friends house down the street so she survived, but there was nothing of the Dad to recover.
The mother was out of the country and there was an older daughter in college at the time.

I lived about 5 miles from it and I heard it clearly. My friend was so startled by the noise she fell out of her bed. My step-dad worked with a guy who's house was next door and it was moved off it's foundation and he and his wife had shrapnel injuries. It was an awful tragedy. I'll never forget it.
It's part of the reason I was so cautious when I smelled gas in my house last spring. Thank GOD that I caught it early!
Yikes! I go all out sniffing mode when we use our gas stove because since I'm not used to cooking with one, the gas smell that is supposed to be normal bothers me. I'm a worry wort about that but better to be too careful than too lax.