Calamity got her nails clipped today. LOL

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
All I can say that I had the most exciting adventure. For those who dont know Clammy is a NQT (not quite tame) that I caught with her 3 kittens several months ago. I ended up adopting her because she hates eveyone but me and she wasnt going anywhere anyways. So I might as well adopt her.

So Ive been trying to clip her nails for awhile because they are like daggers and she sometimes decides she's gonna whack all the kittens and theyve gotten scratches before fromm her. Ive only been able to get one nail clipped about 10 different times up until today.

Last night was the last straw though. I decided I would either have to clip her nails or kill her one or the other. I'm kidding of course. She decided for no apparent reason to attack me. I was laying on the couch (Ari's with her dad this week) and all of a sudden she comes flying at me scratching and trying to bite. I ended up with quite a few nasty scratches. I almost think she was trying to play but she did alot of damage so Im not sure. She had the zoomies before. Running around and around. Then she pounced on me.

I ended up taking off today so I could figure out a way to get her nails trimmed and bring myself to the doctor for some antibiotics (dont want to get infected). And bring Clammy to the vet to check her out since shes never done anything like that before.

So I got to talking to Joe and he offered to help me clip her nails. She's decided she can tolerate his existence and doesnt run any time he comes up here so I decided to give it a go.

I had him come up wrapped Calamity up in a towel and we finally managed to get one whole paw clipped. The whole time she was yowling and sounding demonized. So we started working on the other front paw and someone knocked at the door. Joe answered it and it was the neighbor across the hall checking to see what was going on. He thought something horrible had happened to one of my cats. LOL

So we finnish that paw and the left back one and shes screaming the whole time. I could hear all the dogs in the other apartments barking like crazy. All of my cats were freaking out.

So then the apartment manager shows up asking what in the world we are doing. She had gotten calls from every single apartment that someone was home at except mine, Joe's and Andrews across the hall and she wanted to know what the three of us were up to. LOL

We quickly showed her and she left. We finnished Clammy's last paw and then we set her free and we started laughing so hard. Now we are sure all the older people in the whole apartment building think us young ones are demon worshippers or something. LOL

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can imagine the yowl she was making, probably sounded like Ophelia getting her naisl clipped!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OHHH MYYYYYYYYY that is too funny!

Hopefully she will not be so bad next time. I know Ling made a fuss about nail trimming that you were killing her. She's a lot better now - not totally quiet. I'm so glad we were in the country with no one around.

I can imagine that she'd have some of those same reactions if living in an apartment.

Next time tell that brat to shut up!

dauntingfire

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh no! ROFL! That story is hysterical, I can just imagine her ear splitting "THEY ARE KILLING ME!!" howls. X) Glad your apartment has a good sense of humor....

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is hilarious!!!!
I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall in your apartment

(next time, if she's REALLY wild you might ask your vet for a light tranqualizer to give her before you try and trim her nails. (see if they can give you a capsul- that way you can open it up and pour it into some soft food and mix it up to give to her.)
You're a brave woman!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad Joe has a gift with NQT Clammy and that you both succeeded in getting her scimitars tamed. I'm also VERY glad that ALL of your neighbors were concerned -- I wish everyone was, and acted accordingly, in situations like this, putting concern for cats first!!!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tarasgirl06

I'm glad Joe has a gift with NQT Clammy and that you both succeeded in getting her scimitars tamed. I'm also VERY glad that ALL of your neighbors were concerned -- I wish everyone was, and acted accordingly, in situations like this, putting concern for cats first!!!
Congratulations on being able to clip her nails!
That's quite an accomplishment for a NQT kitty.

And I totally agree with Tarasgirl. I think it's great that so many in your complex were concerned enough to call management!
It may have been a false alarm, but it's good to know that people really do care.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Congratulations on being able to clip her nails!
That's quite an accomplishment for a NQT kitty.

And I totally agree with Tarasgirl. I think it's great that so many in your complex were concerned enough to call management!
It may have been a false alarm, but it's good to know that people really do care.
Im lucky to live in a place where the majority of the people own dogs and are good owners. No one but me have cats though. I think there are two people that dont have any animals and they are very elderly and are worried about having them.

paulena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I trimmed my new lil baby Prince's front nails yesterday, and yet to tackle the back ones!! He didn't like it at all, but I still proceeded to get the front ones done. And yes, it was quiet a chore!!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Do you want to come over to trim JinJin's? I've never had the guts to do it!

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess I should count my lucky stars that both of my guys don't have a problem getting their nails cut.

If Sassy is sleeping he won't even wake up. And Linus just likes to get his big head in the way so you can't see what your doing.

Congrats on the successful trimming. And good luck next time, may I suggest earplugs and a suit of armour.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I started the kittens when they were tiny so they are super easy. They sometimes get their heads in the way being nosey to see whats going on. Skye sometimes growls a little but she doesnt squirm or anything. But Clammy is awful. So if anyone gets a kitten start right then!