Garden Ridge Had a Sale!!!!!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And i spent 4 hours there tonight
After work I came home to quickly change my clothes then ran over to Garden Ridge (our huge crafts/floral/decor) place. OMG I was in heaven
They had a sale today on TONS of their items
I got a really nice bed in a bag set (burgendy- it's really silky!) for $25 (we needed one! my foster doggie, Norris chewed a hole right through the middle of Colin's old one- and we will not get a new nice set until our wedding (we hope! - we registered for one) so we needed one!) They also had their Christmas ornaments- buy one get one 50% off
I was estatic to find some i REALLY love (i LOVE Christmas ornaments.)
Last year I waited till Novemeber to go to Garden Ridge for ornaments and they were sold out of EVERYTHING...and they don't restock
so i really missed out and had to go other places (which by the way- Pier 1 has AWESOME ones too and they mark them down insanely low before Christmas!!!). So this year- i thought i'd start early, ie...September to get my Christmas stuff from Garden Ridge. I did good too as far as sale/prices go

And best of all - i found a giraffe ornament!!!!!!!!
I swear i squealed right there in the store when i saw it
(i collect giraffes!)

Anyone else like arts/crafts type stores???

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is a store in Green Bay called Taylor Creek that sells some indoor and lots of outdoor furniture, lots of decorating items (and candles) and lots of silk flowers and items for arrangements, wreaths etc....

Anyhow the store goes all out for Christmas and that is one place you want to go the day after Christmas for sales. But EARLY!!! Like 45 minutes before opening and there is a hugh line to wait to get in the store (remember Wisconsin weather). But everything Christmas is 50% off so you better know what you want to buy as its a madhouse!! But some really good deals. Just hope you can get a cart though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

There is a store in Green Bay called Taylor Creek that sells some indoor and lots of outdoor furniture, lots of decorating items (and candles) and lots of silk flowers and items for arrangements, wreaths etc....

Anyhow the store goes all out for Christmas and that is one place you want to go the day after Christmas for sales. But EARLY!!! Like 45 minutes before opening and there is a hugh line to wait to get in the store (remember Wisconsin weather). But everything Christmas is 50% off so you better know what you want to buy as its a madhouse!! But some really good deals. Just hope you can get a cart though.
Ohhh that sounds sooooooo fun!
Garden Ridge is really similar only- they start selling their Christmas stuff in Sep. If you wait till late Oct/Nov to buy it- you're out of luck- they sell out of stuff insanely fast and they don't restock for some reason. Last year i went in late Oct/ early Nov (can't remember when exactly!) and they were sold out of just about everything! It was soo sad
So this year i voewed to get there EARLY! I'm soo glad i did too! It was packed yesterday!
I went there and i swear me and 4 total strangers talked about Christams ornaments for a good 30 mins
We were all soo excited about their sale
Cheesy i know -but it was deliriously fun! I'm trying to do everything on a budget this year- so shopping early when things were really cheap/on sale was great!

taurus77

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love Garden Ridge!! The closest one to me is 1 1/2 hours away, so I don't get to go often. But, ironically enough, I was thinking about this place earlier-in fact, I looked them up online, but they do not sell online or through the mail.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Taurus77

I love Garden Ridge!! The closest one to me is 1 1/2 hours away, so I don't get to go often. But, ironically enough, I was thinking about this place earlier-in fact, I looked them up online, but they do not sell online or through the mail.
no, they sure don't and i think it's because their inventory is constantly changing and they are soo huge. (too bad though i would LOVE it if they sold online too!!!!!!)

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

And i spent 4 hours there tonight
After work I came home to quickly change my clothes then ran over to Garden Ridge (our huge crafts/floral/decor) place. OMG I was in heaven
They had a sale today on TONS of their items
I got a really nice bed in a bag set (burgendy- it's really silky!) for $25 (we needed one! my foster doggie, Norris chewed a hole right through the middle of Colin's old one- and we will not get a new nice set until our wedding (we hope! - we registered for one) so we needed one!) They also had their Christmas ornaments- buy one get one 50% off
I was estatic to find some i REALLY love (i LOVE Christmas ornaments.)
Last year I waited till Novemeber to go to Garden Ridge for ornaments and they were sold out of EVERYTHING...and they don't restock
so i really missed out and had to go other places (which by the way- Pier 1 has AWESOME ones too and they mark them down insanely low before Christmas!!!). So this year- i thought i'd start early, ie...September to get my Christmas stuff from Garden Ridge. I did good too as far as sale/prices go

And best of all - i found a giraffe ornament!!!!!!!!
I swear i squealed right there in the store when i saw it
(i collect giraffes!)

Anyone else like arts/crafts type stores???
So what did you get me for Christmas?

i LOVE art/craft stores. There is a really big place in Oz called Riot! art and craft, it has EVERYTHING! We also have one that's more on the crafty/knitty/fabric side which is called Lincraft (you guys might have it there)

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have these stores in Wisconsin called Fleet Farm. They sell everything from lumber to farm products to clothing, hunting fishing, gardening, tools. etc.....
Anyhow they had the big outdoor Christmas decorations up that use a blower. (way to early). Then they had a small aisle of fall stuff.