Strange cat...lol

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Be careful with letting that happen - I really don't want to see a post on here that Taffy suffocated and died because he couldn't get out of the plastic bag.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Be careful with letting that happen - I really don't want to see a post on here that Taffy suffocated and died because he couldn't get out of the plastic bag.
Nope! Aint gonna happen. In fact that box is gone.....

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

Nah, if he got in there, he can get out..
Tell that to the folks that have to call firefighters to rescue their animals from crawlspaces and drains. Tell that to the parents of a child that fell into a well.

If I saw one of mine in a situation like that, I wouldn't take a picture, I'd get it out of there and FAST. Why would you want to take chances that your beloved pet might suffocate?

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Tell that to the folks that have to call firefighters to rescue their animals from crawlspaces and drains. Tell that to the parents of a child that fell into a well.

If I saw one of mine in a situation like that, I wouldn't take a picture, I'd get it out of there and FAST. Why would you want to take chances that your beloved pet might suffocate?
No offence but relax... She took the pic and got Taffy out. He was supervised.. She just thought it was cute..

This kitty is in the same type of box w/plastic and no one commented about it?

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...&highlight=box

Why is everyone coming down on her because she's had some unfortunate things happen in her life? I thought we were here to enjoy pics of cats and supportive to each other?

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

No offence but relax... She took the pic and got Taffy out. He was supervised.. She just thought it was cute..

This kitty is in the same type of box w/plastic and no one commented about it?

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...&highlight=box

Why is everyone coming down on her because she's had some unfortunate things happen in her life? I thought we were here to enjoy pics of cats and supportive to each other?
Well, she states in that thread, and I quote: "So, Zoe was under real close surveillance when she did all that, I wouldn't want her to suffocate herself."

There is a big difference between the sizes of the openings as well - pretty noticeable.

Since when is a post advising caution "coming down" on someone?

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, the hole that I see over his head looks large enough to keep him from suffocating and big enough for him to get out of! My girls love crawling into those huge plastic comforter bags when they can get the zipper pulled back.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just like I wouldn't let my child play inside plastic bags, I happen to be one person who also doesn't agree with letting my cats play inside plastic bags.

It is too easy for something to go wrong - what if the cat rolled over onto the hole while sleeping, blocking the airspace?

It might be cute, but I personally see it as dangerous. But since you folks obviously don't, forget I said anything.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Just like I wouldn't let my child play inside plastic bags, I happen to be one person who also doesn't agree with letting my cats play inside plastic bags.

It is too easy for something to go wrong - what if the cat rolled over onto the hole while sleeping, blocking the airspace?

It might be cute, but I personally see it as dangerous. But since you folks obviously don't, forget I said anything.
You are entitled to your opnion.....

I thought it was funny how he squuezed in there-end of story.

Sorry I even posted it~

BTW, I also posted a pic of TAFFY laying in a chair. I think thats cute as well! I dont see as many replies to that one though....*shrugs*

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to admit I was horrified when I first saw the picture, didn't see the hole in the plastic right away. Radar is a fiend for plastic bags, I have seen him climb into my grocery shopping and roll over trapping himself inside which nearly gave me heart failure. I know he'd get himself into trouble if I let him play with plastic!