My Cat Didn't Come Back

gizmosfriend

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone could help me with this. My cat Gizmo, if you didn't notice my name didn't come back. He was 15 years old, and usually we let him out every day and he comes back, but yesterday we let him out and he hasn't come back for a whole day. I was wondering if he might have gone off to pass away, because I heard cats do that, he did look tired and was throwing up a little bit, but that never stopped him from going out and catching mice. I'm just worried about him.

dauntingfire

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GizmosFriend

Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone could help me with this. My cat Gizmo, if you didn't notice my name didn't come back. He was 15 years old, and usually we let him out every day and he comes back, but yesterday we let him out and he hasn't come back for a whole day. I was wondering if he might have gone off to pass away, because I heard cats do that, he did look tired and was throwing up a little bit, but that never stopped him from going out and catching mice. I'm just worried about him.
Don't freak out just yet.
My family's cats have run off at times. One cat was gone for 10 days before he came back! Make sure to go out and call for him and leave food for him if you can. Search your neighborhood and ask your neighbors.....but don't start panicking yet. You should also call Animal Control and the local shelters seeing if he was picked up.
Just in case!

Hang in there ok? Keep us updated on him and yourself!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gizmosfriend

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yeah my dad and I went out calling for him but we didn't see him anywhere, I'll wait a little while longer and I'll ask my neighbors like you said. Thanks for the support.

dauntingfire

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GizmosFriend

Yeah my dad and I went out calling for him but we didn't see him anywhere, I'll wait a little while longer and I'll ask my neighbors like you said. Thanks for the support.
No problem! I am sure you are SO anxious about your boy but hang in there. Please keep up updated on what happens, I'll be saying a prayer to Saint Francis for you.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
check out www.lost-pets.org for ideas on what to do to bring your kitty home. Though they do go off when they don't feel good, if they kick whatever is wrong, they usually come back. I call it the Rip Van Winkle sleep time. I had one cat gone over a year and she came home, and just recently, one cat gone four years is now back with us.

madaboutrags

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I had an old male that used to do that from time to time. He always came back though. A friend of mines coon cat went over to the next street to lay in his favorite old junk car to sleep one day and didn't wake up. When we found him, he looked so peaceful. Have you called the local shelters? One time we were taking care of some strays in the neighbourhood and our new neighbours cat got in the trap. We didn't know... so it went to the shelter. Another time my mothers poodle got caught in a live skunk trap and took a trip to the shelter... just a thought... I really really hope you find your putty

crittergirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Try putting some of his used cat litter around the area. My Lady was gone for 11 days and I had read this so at last resort of finding her I tried it. Coincidence or not, she came back the next day...

x-ta-z

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
actually I really think putting out the used litter (or anything that marks the territory) is a good idea. I once read that outdoor cats only find their way home because of smell. they said cats' eyesight isnt very good in normal daylight. don't know if it's true or not, but it's worth a shot!

good luck and keep us posted!