I can't attach images!!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK, I have a new computer and it runs Vista. At least that's what I'm blaming this problem on. So...I click on the Insert Image Icon, and instead of the box to enter the url of the photo, I just get a mini picture of the entire cat site.
How frustrating!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

I'm not sure what the problem is. What version of Internet Explorer are you using?

In the short term, you can put [ img ] [ /img ] around the the URL (remove the spaces inside the brackets for it - I needed to include them so you could see them).

example:

[ img ]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/katachtig/signature20060913a.jpg[ /img ]
OK, I'm using a very new version of IE. But I can't even figure out which one. Aargh! It's the first one with tabbed browsing. Now I will try & do the image tag thing. It didn't work the first time, (before I yelled for help) but let me try again.

ETA: OK, so it's working! :p LOL. Let me try some more because I thought I tried the exact same thing before!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can see the pic, but it's giant.

Hey, at least it's there, right?

ETA: Well, now it's a differnet pic & normal sized?

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I can see the pic, but it's giant.

Hey, at least it's there, right?
sorry about that! I changed it, LOL

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, Jana, I don't know what I did wrong before, but thanks - that did the trick. Although I still can't figure out why my computer doesn't have the javascript (?) box. It must be a security thing. Thanks, Vista.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lots of people are having that problem with pages popping up instead of the URL / IMG linnk boxes, it seems to be an IE problem as Opera and Firefox don't experience the same problem

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately the java thing didn't help. But thanks anyway!

Eithne, do you have any suggestions what to search for to figure it out?

ETA: Using Firefox, I can do it, so maybe I'll just have to use that instead of IE

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

Lots of people are having that problem with pages popping up instead of the URL / IMG linnk boxes, it seems to be an IE problem as Opera and Firefox don't experience the same problem
I just tested it in IExplorer 7.0. It is a problem with the browser. I will try to get some technical help.