Where, oh where has the "quick reply" gone?

artgecko

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hey guys,

I have been on the board for a few months now and when I first came on, I was able to post via the "quick reply" button. I haven't seen it (when I log in or not) for the last month or so. Has it gone somewhere, are my settings not letting me use it, or did it move?

Thanks!
Art
p.s. And yes, I know that the moment I post this it will magically reappear.

EDIT: DUH! I just found one of the buttons (as I predicted, right after I posted). But, I seem to remember that there used to be buttons right below the posts/threads and now I only see one down below the quick reply box...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

artgecko

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ok, I found the "post quick reply button" at the bottom of the quick reply box. BUT, if I click it, it says "hit one of the quick reply buttons", which I can't find anywhere.

Art

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You should have buttons in the bottom right hand corner of each post. The one on the extreme right, with a quill in it, is the quick reply button. Can you see that?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

artgecko

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much! Yes, I do see those now... Did we used to have buttons that actually said "quick reply" on them? I thought that we did before (either that or I'm suffering short-term memory loss).

thank you so much!
Art

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Yes we did, but a few months ago, we had an upgrade of the forum software which gave us the ability to do multi-quoting and the quick reply button was changed at that time.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

Yes we did, but a few months ago, we had an upgrade of the forum software which gave us the ability to do multi-quoting and the quick reply button was changed at that time.
Speaking of 'multi-quoting'......how do you do it? I see lots of people have figured it out, but I haven't. There's been plenty of instances where I would like to use the multi-quote feature.

Thanks!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

Speaking of 'multi-quoting'......how do you do it? I see lots of people have figured it out, but I haven't. There's been plenty of instances where I would like to use the multi-quote feature.

Thanks!
You should have four buttons at the bottom of each post, on the right: Edit, Quote, Multi-Quote ("+), and Quick Reply, from left to right. Click the Multi-Quote symbol for each of the posts you'd like to quote (they'll "light up"), and then click "Post Reply".