Playing with Root?

proudmomof3cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Root is getting older now, he is 9 years old, and he doesn't want to play. We are pretty sure most of it is because of out two wild kitties (Samba and Tubee) Everytime he does decide to play Tubee shows up and Root runs away. Root needs excersize, he is getting chubby. The vet says he is overweight, so we want him to play.
So my question is, should I lock up the other kitties and just play with him every once and a while?
And also are there any toys that older kitties like more?
And my last question is How do I cat a lazy cat to play?

Thanks!

Manda

Edit:Thanks for moving my thread, sorry I put it in the wrong place. I didn't know exactly where it should go.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by proudmomof3cats

two wild kitties (Samba and Tubee) Everytime he does decide to play Tubee shows up and Root runs away.
So he prefers to play with Sambee only?
Did your vet suggest a diet for Root?
Perhaps Root can handle only 1 playmate so I would suggest you keep one away. There's also no harm in you playing with him as often as possible. I would not rely on toys since cats tend to get bored after a while. Anything that encourages climbing and exploring is better.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

proudmomof3cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Root doesn't like to play with either of the two. Samba and Tubee get really wild when they play. The vet hasn't suggested a diet, he just said to try to get him to play more. Thanks, anyone else have this problem with their kitties?

Manda