In desperate need of homes!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The Humane Society here will be euthanizing if we cannot find homes for cats ASAP.

Capacity is 35, there are at least 85 cats at our facility. And with the numbers, ringworm & coccidia are going to spread fast.

If you have any ideas of rescues in MN who will pull from us, or anyone who would adopt, please let me know!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh Natalie, if I lived closer, I would foster for you

It breaks my heart to think that some of those lovelies might have to be euthenized because of this

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think it's too late. They'll die later this afternoon, I don't even know who or how many.

We have so many, we can't even wait until tomorrow morning.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry, Natalie. It's just heartbreaking. I wish you were closer. I'd foster for you in a hearbeat.

dauntingfire

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I wish SO badly that I could help! I live in Georgia so I am too far away to foster any of them. I'll call some rescue places in MN. Maybe we can at least rescue some of them? What town are you in?

OH also, do any of them resemble pure breeds? Sometimes pure breed rescue programs will swoop in for those. That could at least save some of them.

I'll do what I can!

dauntingfire

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
White, here are some rescue organizations in MN that I found. Maybe you can call them? I'm being chased out of the office to run an errand so I have to leave.

Animal Ark Shelter,Thrift Store and Offices (651) 772-8983
Pet Haven: Phone (952) 831-3825
Second Chance: 651-771-5662
Feline Rescue, Inc.: (651) 642-5900
S.A.F.E. Sanctuary: Phone: 612-386-7569

And as for breed rescues, I'll have to search a bit more...

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No purebreds, except for one "supposed" purebred Siamese who looks nothing like one.
(She also has ringworm & is nursing 2 babies, not to mention she's cat & dog aggressive) I know most of those rescues & a few won't pull from us...will pass along the others. I spoke with Pet Haven & they're full, full, full. Everyone is.

For now, we are avoiding euthanizing. The vet tech is hauling 8 cats/kittens to the Cities(& 3 dogs) tomorrow. We've got 15 being fixed for farms today & tomorrow. And we're gonna do a 2 - for - 1 deal on kitty adoptions through Oct. So, for now, no one will be euthanized. I still have to make a list for next week, who I think we should euthanize if we need space.

dauntingfire

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

No purebreds, except for one "supposed" purebred Siamese who looks nothing like one.
(She also has ringworm & is nursing 2 babies, not to mention she's cat & dog aggressive) I know most of those rescues & a few won't pull from us...will pass along the others. I spoke with Pet Haven & they're full, full, full. Everyone is.

For now, we are avoiding euthanizing. The vet tech is hauling 8 cats/kittens to the Cities(& 3 dogs) tomorrow. We've got 15 being fixed for farms today & tomorrow. And we're gonna do a 2 - for - 1 deal on kitty adoptions through Oct. So, for now, no one will be euthanized. I still have to make a list for next week, who I think we should euthanize if we need space.
Oh goodness, that is so heartbreaking! I am so sorry, it must be so incredibly painful to be responsible for such a list....I can't even imagine. I'm sending e-hugs your way. I'm so glad you were able to put off the euthanization a little longer, though!

I called Ark and they said they were full (like you said, most are) but she kindly gave me a few more names to try.

Saint Francis: 612-387-4869
Last Hope: 651-453-87-47
Caring for Cats: 651-407-8485

I'm going to look for some foster groups that may be able to help. And if she doesn't look like a pure Siamese then thats ok! The Meezer rescue group may be able to help.

EDIT: Here is the meezer rescue group that may be able to help your one baby. Especially if you explain how dire her needs are with her aggression & two kittens.

Siamese Rescue: (877)-Say-Meow (in Texas 940-367-7367)

dauntingfire

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They're in Missouri but maybe their foster program can help?

The Cat Network
P.O. Box 510103
St. Louis, MO 63151-0103

636-386-PURR

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I will pass along the names...gotta let the "head honchos" do the contacting....hopefully, someone can pull kitties!

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sorry your having to go threw that. I tried working with a kill shelter and I just couldnt do it. I couldnt choose who was going to live and who was going to die. I hope you get some kitties adopted!

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry. Bless your heart, I just couldn't do the work. I couldn't go through that kind of heartbreak everytime.