Is she going to eat me?

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm referring to Claire, whom as some of you know, is my big girl, who loves to eat.

I'm asking because of a conversation my boss shared with me the other day. Apparently, a guy she knows, who's very well-educated, intelligent and holds a position of great influence in the community, told her that he's afraid of cats. His reasoning is something he read somewhere about how, if cats stare at you for a long period of time, it means they want to eat you.
My boss said he told her this in all seriousness and really seems to believe it.

So, since Claire follows me around and stares at me, do you guys think this means she wants to eat me?
I prefer to think that she just loves her meowmy and wants to be where I am. But, maybe I should be worried.

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dunno.... I think you might want to keep that food dish a little extra full for a while

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Gosh there are some ridiculous supersistions out there about cats!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nice, that one needs to be added to the superstitions about cats thread
Where do people get these crazy ideas from!!

I like to think that when a cat stares at you its trying to send you telepathic messages...like FEED ME!!!!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If thats the case, then I'm really in trouble - my boys stare at me ALL the time!

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have not heard that one. How in the world could anyone believe that? That really is the funniest excuse I have ever heard about being afraid of cats. Thanks for the laugh.

roxie225

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

If thats the case, then I'm really in trouble - my boys stare at me ALL the time!

Maybe that's why Roxie insists on biting my toes while I sleep, she's trying to get a nibble!!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Roxie225

Maybe that's why Roxie insists on biting my toes while I sleep, she's trying to get a nibble!!
Tastes like chicken!

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

I hope not because Rosie and Sophie stare at me all the time. Jack doesn't because he's too busy destroying straws
I knew I would find out who suggested giving teething kittens straws! I picked some up and Cosmo LOVES them - that is, if he can get them away from Sophie!

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Roxie225

She's just testing to see if you're ripe yet.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unless your kitty is a 800 lb Siberian Tiger, I think you will be safe..

However, Linus likes to lick my hands and arms perhaps he trying to choose the proper seasoning for me..

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just don't spill any gravy on yourself Eileen

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

I KNEW they were up to something ...

Uh...oh....move away very quietly...a little bit further...a bit further...now...RUN!