I bought the kitties halloween costumes tonight!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They're going to hate me for it too!
When I was at Target tonight they had little costumes for kitties. I got an elephant one (it's like a hat that fits over their head) and one that looks like a little tie.
I can't wait to put it on the kitties and see how they look!
I hope i come back with both hands too!!!
I will have to get some pictures of it when i try

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's great!!! Mooch doesn't like her ladybug hat one. I think because it pushes her ears down. Do they have ear holes for them in those? I'd love to get her dressed up!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

dont make me call the kitty police on you,
take them back
No!!! They're way too cute!

Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

That's great!!! Mooch doesn't like her ladybug hat one. I think because it pushes her ears down. Do they have ear holes for them in those? I'd love to get her dressed up!!
No they don't in the elephant one i believe. The tie thing fits around the neck like a collar though so it's not restrictive at all
I can't wait to put that one on Kojak

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck in getting them to wear it. IMO cats always HATE getting dressed up (dogs seem to like it better).

The only cat that got dressed for Halloween one time was Mitten. He was a blue tabby/white and I found a little witches hat with string attached. He would wear that for a minute or two and he really did look like a witch's cat when it was on even tho he was not all black

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We got a Santa costume for Snickers (choc lab) last year for Christmas, but we haven't been brave enough to try to dress the cats yet!
The only one that probably wouldn't have a problem is Gizmo. He will let me do anything, as long as he is getting attention. Definitely post pics when you get them!

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was going to get Riley an xmas sweater with a matching tiny one for his mousie
but my bf said no way is "his" boy wearing a sweater!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I saw those and have been wanting to get the tie one for ever! I think Hades would look dashing in it!

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Good luck in getting them to wear it.
My thoughts exactly if they are anything like my guys. Linus would definitely have a total kitty fit if you tried to put anything on him. I put a Kleenex on his back one day as a joke and sorry to say the Kleenex didn't survive...

Sassy, oh my goodness I shudder in fear at the looks I would get if I subjected him to such indignities...He is one of those, "You don't have to tell me I am handsome, I know I'm handsome......and quite seriously I know that I invited handsome". kind of cats.

Alas no costumes for the kitties but they will let me wear my witch hat....

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've noticed that at cat shows where they have a "dress up" contest the cats always look mad and upset and dying to get out of the costume as fast as they can!

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The last time I dressed up Stimpy, I was scared at what revenge he was going to think up.
We don't do costumes anymore...Big Stimps is a force to be reckoned with.

The other 2 just make unhappy faces...But Stimpy...I don't want to face his wrath.
He's normally a very easy going cat--but costumes bring out his bad side.

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can't wait to see pics!

On easter I tried to put bunny ears (sort of like a hat and it ties in the front) on the kitties but most weren't having it!
I managed to get a pic of Max in them. He is a good sport... he will let me do almost anything to him as long as he is getting attention. Was cute seeing a big 15-20 pound cat in bunny ears.

frisk

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
And you didn't post pictures!?

I can't wait to see them in their customs! I want to get Frisco one!
He'd hate me forever.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hehe I will get pictures as soon as I can borrow my mom's camera
I haven't put it on them yet- i'm saving it for when i have a camera
I'm going to put them one at a time on their harness/leash and let them pass out candy with me on Halloween to the neighborhood kiddos
Last year my little bottle baby foster kittens (wrapped up in their blankie) helped me hand out candy and the kids had a fit over it. (it was good too to get a chance to tell them about why it's important to help animals/be gentle to them/etc.)

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Be very careful of that - they could freak out when the little kids come running up for candy. I know a lot of dogs freak out on the costumes that they normally would not be afraid of the child.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Be very careful of that - they could freak out when the little kids come running up for candy. I know a lot of dogs freak out on the costumes that they normally would not be afraid of the child.
I'm only going to let Jasmine and Kojak do it (Isabella and Velvet along with Whiskey and Fosters will be put up in the bedrooms. Izzy, Velvet, and Whiskey would be too nervous....and i'm afraid Fosters size may scare some of the kiddos (even though he's gentle)). Jasmine has been to several fundraisers and is used to the public/etc so i know she'll be fine
Same with Kojak!

lore

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I were to try to put a costume on my kitties, they would TEAR around the house like a Bat outta He!! running into things until it came off... LOL!

Kinda like when they get into the plastic bags when we unload the groceries and get hooked on a handle & I have to chase em' down to save em...
(poor scared kitty)