i had a horrible day!!

kittyl0ve4

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
im not sure if this is in the right place, so please move it if it isnt. also this is a pretty long story, sorry.

anyway, today my monster(inside cat) got out of the house. i keep him locked in my room at night, but i dont have a door, its just a sheet. i have the curtain rigged so he cant get out while im sleeping(im worried that someone will get up in the middle of the night and let the dog out, not realizing that monster was downstairs). and dont worry, he has everything he needs in my room, litter box, food, etc. this morning he got out of my room somehow, hes like houdini or something. i woke up and the sheet was pulled out of place and he wasnt in my room. but no matter what he is doing he knows what time i get up and he knows that its breakfast time... and he will always come to me for his wet food. i got up and i did a quick look around the house and yard(he is a door dasher... and sometimes people dont realize he gets out). didnt see him anywhere so i was like ok and waited for him to come into the computer room. he never came so i just put his food down for him and got in the shower. i thought he might come out and eat while i was in the bathroom. he never did... and then i really looked for him literally everywhere... then i began to think that maybe he got out of the window(which has no screen) bc he can squeeze out of it even when its not open that much, and people wouldnt think he would fit thru it. i walked around shaking his treats and i even took one of his toys that has a bell on it, bc if i found him i wanted to entice him back to me. i couldnt find him at all and me and my boyfriend drived everywhere looking in peoples yards and everything. but then i had to go to work, i really wanted to stay home and keep looking for him but i had to go in since there isnt anyone to cover my shift. i cried all day and i was kicking myself for taking his collar off the night before... i had been trying to sleep and i figured i would put it on as soon as i woke up. i was afraid he would get hit by a car, bc i live on a main road in my town. i was afraid that bc he wasnt wearing his collar and tag that someone would find him and decide to keep him. devistated as iwas, my boyfriends cousin went around to every house in the immediate area, knocking on peoples doors and asking if they found a kitten... she gave them all my cell number and my bfs mom even made posters that his cousin put up. i called the humane society but they told me i had to come up and see for myself if my cat was in the kennel, and that if he was i would have to pay $25 dollars to get him back and an additional $15 if they had given him shots. which i was a little pissed about bc y should i have to pay to get my cat back, but whatever i woulda paid it anyway. anyway trying to shorten this up a bit im sorry its so long. i got a phone call from a strange number, and when i picked it up the woman asked me if i lost my cat and she described him to me and i just started bursting into tears bc she described my cat exactly and even when i said does he have a black nose and does he have white on his paws and it was him, so she brought him to my work and i had my bf pick him up and take him home... it turns out, the people who called me live three houses away and the people whos yard he was in is their neighbor, and their dogs were chasing him... i was so happy that i found my baby... he came home, ate, passed out, woke up when he heard me come home, ate again and has been passed out ever since. i was planning a vet visit because he needs his shots anyway( i tried to take him monday but they were closed) so me and my bf are going to take him tomorrow morning before i go to work.. to get the shots and to make sure he really is ok... thanks for reading this long post i wanted to share my joy with you all.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
So glad that your baby is home and well. Good luck at the vet.

larke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately, now that he's learned the way out (whatever it is), it might be a good time for you to figure out a way to make things more secure there. No idea why there's no real door, but is there some reason you can't get one (I can't believe a landlord not allowing you to put a door (charged to him!) on a bedroom, for instance. Not sure of the situation there, but also think about the windows, etc. and don't give him a second chance to leave tonight.

raggiekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh gosh, what a scare! I'm so glad you got him back and everything's fine now! Good luck with his vet check and I hope he learned his lesson and doesn't keep trying to get out!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittyl0ve4

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Larke

Unfortunately, now that he's learned the way out (whatever it is), it might be a good time for you to figure out a way to make things more secure there. No idea why there's no real door, but is there some reason you can't get one (I can't believe a landlord not allowing you to put a door (charged to him!) on a bedroom, for instance. Not sure of the situation there, but also think about the windows, etc. and don't give him a second chance to leave tonight.
Well the bedroom is really the attic converted... the door is such a weird shape, they dont make doors that fit the frame. my boyfriend, who has fixed the sheet, so that there is no way he can get out at all, is going to buy materials to make one for our room and they also dont make screens to fit our windows(the house is very old) so im going to buy the materials and were going to make screens that fit until my boyfriends mom buys new windows. we had left the window open yesterday in case he came back on his own he would be able to get back in, and the bird almost escaped too... && i think that scared her into deciding to put new windows in. but for now, they are just going to have to keep the windows slightly cracked but barely open so he cant fit thru. we already have ways to keep him from getting out the doors, so were doing the best we can. i do allow him out back, on a leash & harness, with my supervision only of course. because he loves to go out, but i dont want him going out alone bc of the highway i live on