new kitten doesnt get along with other kitten.

mustangfreak

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok, I have two kittens. Ihave had Shinoda for a couple of weeks, and I got Lee this past saturday. In the beginning Lee was even timid around me, but hes comfy around me finally.

But he still doesnt like Shinoda. Every time Shinoda wants to play, Lee whines and hisses and growls at Shinoda while hes playing with him.

How long should it take for them to like each other?

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Usually kittens bond quickly, but some can take longer - depends on the ages of the kittens involved. I suspect they will be fine in a week or so.

Try:

Sprinkling them with cornstarch baby powder so they smell the same or a dab of vanilla extract on their nose and butt.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mustangfreak

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Arg, kitten 1 wont keep away from kitten two, who doesnt like to play right now. And kitten 2's meowing is becoming annoying during the night.

All kitten 1 wants to do is play, but kitten 2 doesnt.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mustangfreak

All kitten 1 wants to do is play, but kitten 2 doesnt.
It's very normal. I would not interfere.

Originally Posted by Mustangfreak

And kitten 2's meowing is becoming annoying during the night.
That's normal too. You need to be patient. Try playing with him before going to bed and even feeding him. He will sleep soundly and give you more hours of sleep (hopefully).

mustangfreak

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yayi

It's very normal. I would not interfere.

That's normal too. You need to be patient. Try playing with him before going to bed and even feeding him. He will sleep soundly and give you more hours of sleep (hopefully).
Don't interere, okie dokie. I was about to go out and buy a squirt gun haha.

mustangfreak

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok, still, now progress what so ever. Kitten 2 just doesn't get along with the first kitten.

I don't know if I can tolerate this for a few more weeks.

And on top of it the little bugger pooped in my room on my extra comforter this morning.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hissing and growling is all normal and a part of kitten play. If they really turely didn't get along there would be bloodshed and a big mess. Just give them more time. How old are they? If they are really young yet, I would confine them to a small place rather then have free run of your whole home. That is how accidents happen and they go to the bathroom where they aren't supposed to. They are just too young to remember or make it to the box.