Uh oh, I killed it....

my cat mellow

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am from England but currently live in Yorktown V
Well After getting it on Thursday, and Mellow becoming addicted to Da Bird I managed to break it, He is upset and sulking, I managed to snap the metal piece inside that has the rubber covering over it, I am not entirely sure how I did it. I think it hit the metal on the computer desk....
His old wand toy is being ignored, so are his balls and even his favorite milk bottle ring!
I ordered 5 new replacements plus a sparkley replacement on ebay just a minute ago, so hopefully they will be here quick!

cocoalily

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Every cat seems to love da bird! How much are they? I'm thinking I'll have to get one for my kits. (Or two or three...
)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

my cat mellow

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I learnt about it on here from the other members who sung its praises, I paid $12.00 on ebay although i think someone said petsmart or petco were just starting to get these toys in.

its basically just another cat toy, but the way it is designed is kinda cool, the pole is longer and more light weight, the string is longer and the toy on the end spins through the air, and kinda sounds like a bird does when it flaps its wings, I suspect it is also sprayed with catnip although it doesnt say it is.

this is what da bird is and does: I posted this clip the other day so some of you will have already seen it

http://[URL=http://s76.photobucket....bums/j6/rachelsne/th_08dcdee7.jpg[/IMG][/URL]http://s76.photobucket.com/albums/j6/rachelsne/?action=view&current=08dcdee7.pbr

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cocoalily

Every cat seems to love da bird! How much are they? I'm thinking I'll have to get one for my kits. (Or two or three...
)
I usually get mine on E-bay they seem to be a bit cheaper on there
There are a few places on e-bay that sell them, look around on there. Heres one place. My Cats love these toys I have never seen cats like a toy so much

http://cgi.ebay.com/Da-Bird-feather-...QQcmdZViewItem

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

my cat mellow

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by halfpint

I usually get mine on E-bay they seem to be a bit cheaper on there
There are a few places on e-bay that sell them, look around on there. Heres one place. My Cats love these toys I have never seen cats like a toy so much

http://cgi.ebay.com/Da-Bird-feather-...QQcmdZViewItem
Thats who I just ordered my replacements from

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought Lexi one this weekend after my long trip away. She didn't seem too thrilled about it, but I don't think she was in a playful mood. I tried again last night and she loved it! She even fell between the wall and my bed trying to catch it!
Poor girl...

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
www.go-cats.com Home of the original bird, where I can get a "bird" with a stick for about $7, and replacements for about 3/$9, I think.. they also have a few other replacement attachments that my cats went nuts for too, particularly the mylar attachment.

Definitely order refills. Don't leave it out anywhere they can get ahold of it, aside from the string danger, they will mutilate the bird and there is no where you can put it that they won't figure out a way to get to. I have to put mine behind a locked door.

They're not sprayed as close as my nose can tell, and my cats have no real interest in catnip toys anyway.. although they do like regular catnip.. but they love feathers, and they love the chase. Da bird flips and rotates and makes noise, and all of mine love it.

If you're paying $12 off of ebay, though, you're paying too much. The one listed on ebay is the exact same things offered on go-cat, which is the original maker of da bird.. and I think it's a bit cheaper on their website, although not sure about shipping.

From go-cat: 5.95 for da bird w/ stick
da bird refills 3.50/one $10/3

and the three others they show there are $2, $2, and $2.50... shipping to my address ends up being about the same, I think.

Anyway, you can get things cheaper if you buy more of them, I think. Either way, I've found that they're cheapest when purchased from the go-cat site (barring ebay, the wonderful world of deals)...in stores the price is really marked up.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine LOVE theirs!!!!
They only get it when i'm there supervising though- i have a slight feeling if not, Kojak would eat the feathers and Jasmine would eat the string

I introduced my little foster kittens to "da bird" this week and wow- it was hysterical to see those little rugrats trying to attack a feather that's bigger than they are

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It makes a sort of "swooshing" noise when it flies through the air and the feathers make it flip/rotate.