What am I supposed to do with these?!?!

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
About 2 weeks ago I emailed a couple companies and asked if they could please send me some coupons/samples/brochures for me to put in my "Kitten Kit" that I'm putting together for the new owner of my 2 kittens(I'm hand-raising 2 orphan kittens). Well, I got quite a few different samples and many companies were even nice enough to send some full bags of food(or coupons for a full bag).

I thought I had gotten everything, but today I got a ring on my doorbell and I went to answer it and there were 2 rather large boxes outside my door.
I ordered a bunch of stuff a few days ago(I'm getting a new cage and accessories for my sugar gliders
) so I figured that's what it was.

Well, I brought these 2 heavy boxes inside and looked at the label and they are from Natural balance(They don't sell glider stuff! lol). Curious, I opened the first box and was greeted by 25(yes 25!) little baggies that were nicely packages with a little ribbon on each one. Each baggy contained 2 food samples, a can of wet food, some brochures, and a couple coupons. Ok, I thought, this is weird.

I set that box aside and open the other one and you won't believe it: 25 MORE BAGGIES!!!
That's 100 total baggies!

I think they misunderstood my request, lol. I asked for 2 small samples to put in the box that I'm making into my "kitten kit". Instead they sent me 2 BOXES OF KITTEN KITS! ROFL!

Now, don't get me wrong, I am extremely grateful for their generosity, but what the heck am I going to do with all these things?!?! lol. I considered taking them to a shelter, but I don't think a shelter would appreciate having to open up 100 teeny tiny sample food bags just so they can pour them into a big container, lol. Although, they WOULd probably enjoy the wet food.

Anyways, any suggestions on what I can do?

Oh yeah, here are some pics(my kitty, Binx, is wondering how much of the samples HE gets, lol):

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually, the shelter where i work at doesn't care about opening up lots of tiny bags- what matters to us is that there is enough food for all the furbabies to have
So don't be discouraged from donating to your local shelter if you think they will use it!

OR what you could do is donate it to your local shelter/rescue to give away as a free "adoption package" with each kitty that is adopted out- they can send one home with the new owner

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would definitely ask shelters. I have also donated food to those I know who feed ferals...food is always welcome, no matter how it's packaged.

That was very generous of the company!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pjk5900

You could pass some around to your fellow TCS'ers
Lol, I'd love to, but with the cost of shipping nowadays I'm too darn poor, lol.

I like the idea of shelters giving them away with adoptions. I just sent Cat Guardians(a cat rescue near my house) an email. Hopefully they'll send me a message back and will be able to take these things off my hands and put them to good use.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why not give part to a shelter and part to one of your local cat clubs for them to use in their shows as handouts for the exhibitors.

One club made are really cute little bag of "kitty things" for every exhibitor - food samples, catnip, a few toys AND two energy bars for the exhibitor

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't think there are any cat shows or clubs near where I live, lol. Maybe in the city, but that's about 45 minutes away. haha.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, how incerdible! It's nice to know that these companies are so willing to help... make me feel all warm inside.

I like the shelter adoption gift idea. Of course, if they are willing to take them then does it really matter HOW they use it as long as it gets put to good use?

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by littleraven7726

you could send 1 box with each kitten.
ROFL! I'll be lucky if I can get the new owner to even take half the OTHER stuff companies sent me, let alone 2 full boxes of "goody bags", ROFL!

My plan in the beginning was to just have one little box full of different samples and goodies, but now I'm going to have a couple BIG boxes full! lol.

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is wonderful!!!

I think I will e-mail Natural balance and tell them how nice that was

I agree with the shelter donation as well
You know they'll put it to good use

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TortieBaby

ROFL! I'll be lucky if I can get the new owner to even take half the OTHER stuff companies sent me, let alone 2 full boxes of "goody bags", ROFL!

My plan in the beginning was to just have one little box full of different samples and goodies, but now I'm going to have a couple BIG boxes full! lol.
That is so nice of you.
When I adopted Raven and Nabu (my first cats on my own) all I got was their litter box, a smidge of litter, and a sandwich bag of Deli Cat.

I'm sure the shelter cats will appreciate all that food.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! How generous!

I LOVE the idea of giving it to a shelter, then you know it will be well recieved!

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Definatly donate them to a shelter/rescue. We use sample bags all the time for our kitten food.

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by littleraven7726

you could send 1 box with each kitten.
I like that idea!
. Course if that doesn't go over too well, you might as well try the shelter thing...

Totally off topic, but Fostermomm who in the world are those little darlings in your signature? I love them!

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The shelter idea is great, I am sure they could include them with their adoptee packages. I know the shelter where I got Linus gave out coupons, a sample food bag, pamphlets on cat care and a couple of other items. I sure many Shelters do the same.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Donate them and email and thank NB for being so generous