your cat habits

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
what habits do you cats seem to have left over from being a kitten.

Heyu still runs and gets on my computer desk every morning when i get home waiting for her head rubs.

I used to lock up eazy in the spare bedroom when he was a kitten,when i would leave. Now as soon as take a shower, he runs up to that room and jumps on the bed waiting for me to come and pet him before leaving. I have not locked him up for Months now.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kojak (still technically a kitten till the end of the month) runs full speed around the house like a wild cheetah. He also still wrestles with Fosters like he did when he was a baby

Jasmine- i never had her as a kitten, i adopted her as an adult- but she sure is spunky!!! She loves to take her sparkly pom balls and carry them around the house at 3am meowing at them at the top of her lungs - then she swats them around the house and waddles around trying to catch them. She finally "kills" them by drowning them in her water bowl

Velvet used to be quite the hunter as a kitten (she decaptiated one of my gerbils
after breaking into its cage) she still loves to go on wild hunting sprees for bugs - her favorites are house flies....she catches them really well!

Isabella- she was sooo terrified when she was a baby (she was severly abused before i took her in. She was also beaten so it took her foever to trust us.) She still has trust issues but is a lot better about it. One of the things she loved to do as a kitten once she trusted me was walk in front of me and trip me while screaming at me to brush her
She still does this. It's a nightly ritual! I can't count the number of times i've almost busted my butt tripping over her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Velvet used to be quite the hunter as a kitten (she decaptiated one of my gerbils
after breaking into its cage) she still loves to go on wild hunting sprees for bugs - her favorites are house flies....she catches them really well!
house flies are such a blast, minus the broken items from the cats knocking stuff over

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

house flies are such a blast, minus the broken items from the cats knocking stuff over
What's bad about house flies is that Fosters, our huge Australian Shepherd thinks he's an agile kitty too that has hunting skills- he jumps up in the air and opens his mouth trying to smack at them to catch them
so him and Velvet both (and sometimes Isabella, Kojak and Jasmine) ALL try to hunt the same fly all over the house- they all knock stuff over and go nuts trying to catch them
It's hilarious but at the same time makes me want to ring their necks

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sophie still thinks that she can fit into small boxes - she used to love sleeping in shoe boxes when she was little. And she still likes to sit under lamps and stick her head up near the light bulbs - I have some funny pictures of "Sophie as a Lamp"!

Mollie still behaves like a kitten. She still runs around like a nut with her tail all fluffed out-well, as fluffed out as she can make it.
She still sleeps in the bathroom sink and she still likes to crawl under the covers in bed.

Cosmo is still a baby - 6 months old on the 23rd! What a character he is

One thing he does which I think is a lttle unusual is that he tilts his head when I talk to him or when he is sleeping. He just sort of tilts it to the side, as if he was REALLY paying attention to what I was saying - yeah, right!

But our cats will always be our babies won't they? Always kittens in our hearts!

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Limerick still chases his tail. He runs all over me and head butts to wake me up. He also still loves "lap time" too... hehe

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Booger, who is now 8 yrs old, still tries to nurse on my daughters ear like she did when she was a kitten. Painful....but cute!! Anna has to crawl up on my chest and stick her head under my neck before bedtime every night! I'm so glad they keep their "little kitten" ways!!

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by taterbug

Booger, who is now 8 yrs old, still tries to nurse on my daughters ear like she did when she was a kitten. Painful....but cute!! Anna has to crawl up on my chest and stick her head under my neck before bedtime every night! I'm so glad they keep their "little kitten" ways!!
Hmmm...wait a minute..would this really be a habit, or just personality?? Oh well...I've sit here and confused myself!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mooch still tries to sit on my chest. She's about 14lb now, so it's not always so comfortable! Here's a few pics for comparison!

Mooch at a few months old:

Mooch at 2 1/2 years old!

(Wow I look rough in both pics!
)

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Luna still thinks she's a kitten
She started back to doing her nightly sprints around the house, she still chases her tail, loves the bathroom, etc.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bakker still sleeps on a spare pillow by my head and kneads on my hair!!

Bobber is still skittish-she only comes into the garage and house on her own terms-if you walk out to pick her up she runs away.

Can't remember anything about Grizzly and Ox.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sho is rather naive and too curious for his own good, it's gotten him into trouble before (not with me).

Tomas should be about a year old now.... he's still a kitten.
His behavior hasn't changed much except that he's getting into less stuff now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

Mooch still tries to sit on my chest. She's about 14lb now, so it's not always so comfortable! Here's a few pics for comparison!

Mooch at a few months old:

Mooch at 2 1/2 years old!

(Wow I look rough in both pics!
)
nice pics