Super Cat
Purraise
What kind of tricks can your cats do???

Zorro can sit, clap, and stay.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Staring at me when I ask them to do something.

Pretending to be deaf.

Hearing a fridge door open from 200 yards.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One or possibly even both of my boys attempted to chat with my friends online the other day when I was away from the computer for a few minutes.

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nikita can sit, stand on two legs, jump between chairs on cue and jump to locations when I tap them twice.

We're currently working on jumping over a pole (which will then later be through a hoop. Clicker training is quite fun

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gothicangel69

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've tried the clicker training, but I find it doesn't work for Zorro that well.
I'm trying to teach Boo how to sit, but its going very slow, he's just to hyper and has a short attention span. I'm sure he'll get it eventually though.
I also want to teach him how to roll over, I think it would be funny.

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
Oliver's really smart and probably could be trained to do specific tricks, but I haven't tried real hard

He's pretty good with "up" and "come" but come is more just his reaction to the word or ASL sign for cookie, haha... If I say or show cookie, he will stop in his tracks and run to me haha... guess I could start working with him now that I've graduated and am still jobless haha (wonder if there's demand for cat trainers lol)

erinca7821

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Pretty much just 'trained' to jump all over me when he hears the can of food come out and to jump on the couch right where I'm about to sit when I sit... he will give kisses when I say "kisses" but only if he wants kisses (or I get smacked
), and he will come when I call, but will ignore me if he really doesn't want to... I tried sit, high five... he did it a few times for treats then got over it and looked at me like I was crazy... he doesn't like being told what to do I guess

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

Staring at me when I ask them to do something.

Pretending to be deaf.

Hearing a fridge door open from 200 yards.

All cats must know the same tricks

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wait, you're supposed to train the cats? In my house, the cats train ME!

brittany

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Tsar has officially learned "come here". I say it and tap twice on my leg and she comes every time now. I haven't tried when she's napping but I'm sure she'd just ignore me then so I don't want to ruin my track record
. She also knows the fridge trick
and I'm trying to teach her to sit but not having any success at it haha.

She knows "kisses" too which is so cute

she likes the "climb up my pant leg until she gets to my arms so i have to pay attention to her" game, and the "Kick everything off of the table when I'm doing homework, or off the nightstand when we're sleeping" game. Those are her favorite.

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
Oh yeah, I forgot that Ollie does know "kisses"... sometimes he responds to that with head butts, but if I say it another time or two, I get tounge kisses.... he's pretty decent about coming when called from the other room too (of course "cookies" will get him to come from anywhere)

He also knows the ASL sign for "food" which to him signifies his wet food (kibble is always available to him)... upon seeing the sign, he'll promptly run to the closet where it's kept and follow me then jump up on the dresser where he gets it fed to him (can't go on the floor or the dog steals it) - meowing all the while, teehee

x-ta-z

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Though I didn't train this...

Singa reacts to her name and jumps up whenever I tap the sofa next to me.

Soleil plays fetch.... for hours!!!

clpeters23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Moose will, on command, jump into my arms, then he'll climb onto my head (ouch!). He will also coming running when I clap my hands.

Lucy will run from wherever she is when I click the laser light on and off.

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Saki can fetch.

And he also understands 'come give mama kisses'. He will come lick my earlobes and head nudge me when I say that