Is there any one food....

ginava

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
that will meet the needs of all my cats! I am going crazy trying to feed them all what they need. One gets insane massive hairballs, one has a sensitive stomach, and now Princess Gina has struvite crystals! plus, they are all used to eating dry food whenever they want. Any suggestions would be apreciated.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have no suggestions. It'll be hard to find "one" food for them all. Perhaps Nutro MAX cat chicken dry?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nutro max hairball is one to look at ... though not certified it is within UTI ranges and will help with hairballs... Do they eat wet food??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ginava

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
yes, they like wet food alot. I will try Nutro,can you get it at Petsmart, or do I need to order it online?

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, do you brush your cats regularly? Brushing, and regular giving of Petromalt or other hairball fighting gel/paste/treats, will help with the hairball issue. For crystals, I recommend discussing Methigel gel or tablets with your vet; this can eliminate the need for special diets in cats with UTI's, as it has with my Samuda. Then, you can feed a high-quality premium food to all of your cats, such as (but not limited to) Nutro, Natural Balance, Triumph, Optimum Nature's Recipe, Solid Gold, PetGold, etc. I don't have experience with sensitive stomachs, however; perhaps some other members will be able to help you better on that.

luckydog

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
One of my cats has a sensitive stomache, she can not handle any kind of red meat foods. So she eats turkey, chicken, fish based foods only and is able to handle them just fine.

4meezers3kids

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Not dry. Not for tumtum problems, no, no, no, no!

To the tune of $1100 the last time, NO.

I am pretty conservative about these things, and NO MORE DRY!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Luckydog

One of my cats has a sensitive stomache, she can not handle any kind of red meat foods. So she eats turkey, chicken, fish based foods only and is able to handle them just fine.
does she handle lamb???

luckydog

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No, she can't handle lamb, venison or beef. On a side note Sissy(the cat that can't handle the red meat) can not handle corn either, neither can my cat Sparky, it makes them lose there hair. Sissy will also puke up shrimp.

chowchow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Please read www.catinfo.org for very important information about cat nutrition.

About hairballs, the best solution is to brush them diligently every single day.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ginava

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I do brush her all the time. Actually she is doing great on plain old Whiskas. It seems to agree with everyone, except for Gina's crystals. They can be pretty finicky, they usually don't like healthy food. I'm going to try the Nutro, tho The vet said to give her more meat, and I have put out more water bowls, too.