Can I ask for some mega Vibes?

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Fafeena's eye is a really bad color(red). She's 14. And she's been going downhill. She is going to the vet at 4:15PM tomorrow. Hopefully, it's nothing major.

Can I ask for some for Fafeena? I'm really worried. She's acting kinda lethargic, but eating & drinking well.

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww we hope Fafeena is going to be okay!

For her to be okay!!

Update us all on how Fafeena is doing & if anything is wrong with her...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Back from the vet. Fafeena is blind in one eye, the other eye is permanently damaged. She has peripheral vision in her "good" eye.

The eye she's blind in is slightly "buggy"....which could be a tumor or something else. So, right now, we wait & see.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry...I didn't see this until just now. Sending healing vibes.

I have dealt with both Tyler having bleeding into his eye, and it's turning orange (two seperate events). One was uveitis (the turning orange), the second was related to high bp. So.....I know how it feels to suddenly see their eye turn a very different color. Tyler has maybe 30% vision left in the one eye that this happened to, but it's been stable for some time. ...wishing for no tumor, and that Fafenna will stabilize.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The vet basically told me to do nothing. She isn't going to take meds well. And it honestly won't improve her life. Her eye doesn't seem to bother her at all.

I feel like a "sitting duck", but I do agree that there doesn't seem to be much to be done. The red coloration of the "bad" eye, though, is because she probably hemorrhaged(sp?) into that eye.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
oh geez, poor Fafeena
I know what you're thinking Natalie and if this is, then it just is. I hope that made sense

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
More positive thoughts and vibes for Fafeena.

Also hoping for no tumor. Does the vet have any idea what may have caused the hemorrhage- high BP possibly?

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

oh geez, poor Fafeena
I know what you're thinking Natalie and if this is, then it just is. I hope that made sense
I was thinking about you & your position on "ending it". I asked the vet directly. He told me she may be 14 years old, but she's in as good of shape as many cats her age...considering her circumstances she's in fantastic shape! He told me not to give up yet, keep her in the garage for most of the winter & she could make it through to next winter, if not a few more winters. I about cried when he told me that.

Originally Posted by Jean44

Also hoping for no tumor. Does the vet have any idea what may have caused the hemorrhage- high BP possibly?
He isn't sure it was even hemorrhage....but never said anything about what could cause it. I might do some research & call him in the next few days to ask a few questions. I guess I was so excited to hear he thought she was in really good shape I didn't ask too many questions!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I sincerely hope that she does have many years left in her! she didn't get to be top cat sitting on her hiney!

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
(((((((((((((HUGS TO YOU AND HUGS FOR FAFEENA))))))))))))
My SiSi was at least 14 and robust and strong as could be. Never sick a day in her life except when she ate the entire bird at age 7.
Your girl is very resilient and age does bring some bumps inthe road. If it's not her time then you will know and she will let you know she still has a lot of gas in the tank. I sense she does!

lioness

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi!

I just saw this thread and I sorry to hear about the eye problem that Fafeena is having (Love her name, by the way).

I hope she has many good years left in her.

Sending good vibes your way.

And hugs for Fafeena.

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry the news about her eye wasn't better, but to hear she's in great shape is wonderful.

Here's to many more happy and healthy years for your sweet girl.