Need updated best urine remover info

jenskar

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My kitty peed on an upholstered couch and Nature's Miracle is not doing the trick -- I've soaked it twice after blotting and using white vinegar.
Have been reading about Odor Off -- noticed someone recommending Simple Solution -- what works best when the urine is soaked in like that?

I'll have other questions later -- as this is a rescue cat and there's a lot going on with her, but right now I really need to clean my good couch !! The main cushion is attached, not removable

Thank you !!

carvin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by Katz4Life

Have you tried that "Urine Gone" Remover?

Heres the website: http://www.urinegone.com
That stuff is crap. I bought it for about $10 - the only redeeming feature was the handy blacklight.

Nature's Miracle has been the best with my issues, but still leaves much to be desired.

With my carpet issues (dont know how well it will work for a couch) I've been saturating the spots/areas with Nature's Miracle, vinegar, or even water when I'm out of the first two, let it soak in, then heavily sprinkly baking soda over the area and let it set for a few days.

It really seems to be absorbing a lot of the urine. The bad thing is I have to vacuum it up and it sticks to the carpet and is probably not very good for the vacuum cleaner, but it seems to be working pretty well.

heb1976

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My husband bought some pet stain remover from Woolite. it is supposed to have that oxy stuff in it. I think he got it at Wal-Mart for $5. It works awesome. And when I say awesome, I mean awesome. It smells great too. Charlie, our male, when through a spraying kick before he got him fixed because of strays in the neighborhood. Needless to say - my new house was starting to smell. Hubby bought this stuff and I kid you not ... I cannot smell it anywhere. I have asked my best friend to sniff around as well and she cannot smell anything. She went and bought some for herself.

The bottle is like silver with navy blue on it. I know it is by Wool-lite. HTH!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've heard a few people on this site swear by vodka. Frankly it's cheaper than Urine-Gone, Nature's Miracle, Zero-Odor and Nok Out. Of all of the these products, I like Nok Out the best.

curlyq629

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

I've heard a few people on this site swear by vodka. Frankly it's cheaper than Urine-Gone, Nature's Miracle, Zero-Odor and Nok Out. Of all of the these products, I like Nok Out the best.
I second the vote for Nok-out. I order mine from www.kalever.com

venusgirltrap

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
In every thread you will hear mixed opinions. I've tried Simple Solutions and IMO it works just like hydrogen peroxide and is a waste of money. Try the baking soda/hydrogen peroxide/dishsoap mix...it's pretty good.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Simple Solutions worked better than Nature's Miracle for me.
Maybe it depends on how soon you are cleaning it. I usually find them less than 24hours. I am having problems with old stains.

pee-cleaner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
2 cups 3% hydrogen peroxide
2 t. baking soda
2 drops liquid dish soap

Mix gently (no shaking), apply enough to saturate stain and blot excess after 24 hours and allow to dry. Repeat 1-2 times if necessary, allowing to dry thoroughly between applications. Not for use on fine wood furniture, oriental rugs or some leathers (do a test spot first).

I just used this on a sofa my elderly Hannah was incontinent on and it really works. Be prepared for a "rush" of odor, followed by a gradual lessening as it neutralizes and dries.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pee-cleaner

2 cups 3% hydrogen peroxide
2 t. baking soda
2 drops liquid dish soap

Mix gently (no shaking), apply enough to saturate stain and blot excess after 24 hours and allow to dry. Repeat 1-2 times if necessary, allowing to dry thoroughly between applications. Not for use on fine wood furniture, oriental rugs or some leathers (do a test spot first).

I just used this on a sofa my elderly Hannah was incontinent on and it really works. Be prepared for a "rush" of odor, followed by a gradual lessening as it neutralizes and dries.
I had missed this reply months ago. I am going to try this tomorrow.

BTW is there any other alcohol that works besides vodka? Mom flipped when she found out what I used it for. LoL No she doesnt' drink that much. It's just the cost of the item that had her worrying.