Fake Chicken Nuggets....i will never try that again!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
YUCK! Tonight I made some chicken nuggets for dinner to go with my salad. Earlier in the week i bought some Morning Star "chick'n nuggets" - ok - so yea i didn't read the label like i should have, but i have bought morning star stuff in the past and loved it- so i thought i was getting yummy REAL chicken nuggets. Boy was i wrong!
Those things were soo weird!

I got them out of the toaster oven when they were finished and started eating them. I noticed they tasted really strange so i went to read the box. There's no chicken in them at all!
I call that false advertising! It said "chick'n nuggets" on the box people!
Turns out they have veggies/etc and other things in them. Well I definitely won't be getting those again!
So yea- i'm stil hungry and the Fosters enjoyed my dinner
(Whiskey wouldn't even touch them
I guess he didn't like them eithor!)

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ha! Hon, the Morning Star line is made for vegetarians! There are no meat products in any of their stuff!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I tried a gardenburger once and spit it back out, I don't blame you at all Nikki, a vegetarian I am NOT

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG those are my favorite thing ever!

I understand though, when you think you're getting something else and it isn't that. Before I quit eating meat, I would try and take a bite of my sister's veg faux-meat stuff and hate it too. Once you forget what meat tastes like, they're good.

Incidentally, Zissou thinks they're great and will beg for them as well

All Morningstar's stuff has TVP (textured vegetable protein) as its main ingredient, like Carol Petunia said.

Although I tried to eat the one they have at BK and I thought it was the grossest thing ever, it was all huge mushrooms BLEH

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Ha! Hon, the Morning Star line is made for vegetarians! There are no meat products in any of their stuff!

Oh Nikki...

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes some of the vegetarian products can be pretty yucky. However, there are a lot of chicken strips and chicken nuggets out there that are pretty disgusting. I always check the labels and avoid anything that says pressed chicken( I don't know what it's suppose to be but it's certainly not chicken)

The best brand that I have found is either Pintys or Maple Leaf.
The same goes for chicken burgers.
I actually do a really nice chicken strips or nuggets at home with boneless chicken breasts, dipped in egg then rolled in seasoned bread crumbs..

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

I tried a gardenburger once and spit it back out, I don't blame you at all Nikki, a vegetarian I am NOT
lol i was in a place that was supposed to have the best vegearian burgers in the world or so people told me. Blah eating grass would have tasted better.
i want MEAT!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

now they tell me!
I have had a few Morning Star things in the past and LOVED them - but i didn't realize the entire line was vegetarian. I thought it was just healthier products/etc so i wanted to try their chicken nuggets
I learned my lesson tonight!
They weren't AWEFUL - but they were just sooo strange/different to me.

Originally Posted by katiemae1277

Me eithor!

Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

OMG those are my favorite thing ever!

I understand though, when you think you're getting something else and it isn't that. Before I quit eating meat, I would try and take a bite of my sister's veg faux-meat stuff and hate it too. Once you forget what meat tastes like, they're good.

Incidentally, Zissou thinks they're great and will beg for them as well

All Morningstar's stuff has TVP (textured vegetable protein) as its main ingredient, like Carol Petunia said.

Although I tried to eat the one they have at BK and I thought it was the grossest thing ever, it was all huge mushrooms BLEH
I ought to send you the rest of them then! They're definitely "different" lol. Some "alternative" foods i don't mind at all - i love a lot of the stuff you can find at Wild Oats - there was a while where i was on the celiac diet and couldn't eat much of anything - Wild Oats rocked!!! So i got used to some of the different tastes/etc of alternative things- but man, i don't think i could ever get used to fake chicken
That was such a shock to me!I was expecting some nice healthy chicken..real chicken!

Zissou must be a better eater than my Jasmine- she stole one off my plate earlier- took it in the floor and shook it to "kill it" and then took a big bite out of the middle. She looked right at me, spit it out and then meowed while she pawed at the carpet like she was covering it up!!! lol! it was hilarious!
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

Oh Nikki...
I know! I feel like such a doofus

Originally Posted by tierre0

Yes some of the vegetarian products can be pretty yucky. However, there are a lot of chicken strips and chicken nuggets out there that are pretty disgusting. I always check the labels and avoid anything that says pressed chicken( I don't know what it's suppose to be but it's certainly not chicken)

The best brand that I have found is either Pintys or Maple Leaf.
The same goes for chicken burgers.
I actually do a really nice chicken strips or nuggets at home with boneless chicken breasts, dipped in egg then rolled in seasoned bread crumbs..
Hey you mind sending me your recipe!
I'd love to try my own homemade stuff!!!!

Originally Posted by theimp98

lol i was in a place that was supposed to have the best vegearian burgers in the world or so people told me. Blah eating grass would have tasted better.
i want MEAT!!!
A man after my own heart!

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

I ought to send you the rest of them then! They're definitely "different" lol. Some "alternative" foods i don't mind at all - i love a lot of the stuff you can find at Wild Oats - there was a while where i was on the celiac diet and couldn't eat much of anything - Wild Oats rocked!!! So i got used to some of the different tastes/etc of alternative things- but man, i don't think i could ever get used to fake chicken
That was such a shock to me!I was expecting some nice healthy chicken..real chicken!

Zissou must be a better eater than my Jasmine- she stole one off my plate earlier- took it in the floor and shook it to "kill it" and then took a big bite out of the middle. She looked right at me, spit it out and then meowed while she pawed at the carpet like she was covering it up!!! lol! it was hilarious!
They are different, especially the texture because of how they have to process it. I imagine it would be as shocking for me to think I was trying a new brand of faux-meat and bit into some "nice healthy chicken". It almost happens to me sometimes, at the organic foods place here there are a bunch of brands of faux stuff right with the meat, and you can't tell unless you read the label

Aw! I can just imagine poor Jasmine
I bet she's traumatized now!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

They are different, especially the texture because of how they have to process it. I imagine it would be as shocking for me to think I was trying a new brand of faux-meat and bit into some "nice healthy chicken". It almost happens to me sometimes, at the organic foods place here there are a bunch of brands of faux stuff right with the meat, and you can't tell unless you read the label

Aw! I can just imagine poor Jasmine
I bet she's traumatized now!
I know -Jasmine looked confused!
She had a look like "what is this crap" on her face
Wow and i'm suprised too - i didn't think there was ANYTHING that cat wouldn't eat or at least try to eat

Originally Posted by Dragoriana

Yeah but what a lovely doofus you make
Aww thanks love

aussie_dog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The veggie chicken nuggest I like best (coincidently made by Schneiders) makes Willow go crazy. Regular nuggets don't make her act the same way. When I nuke up a batch of the veggie stuff, she crawls all over me and gets fiesty, slapping at my hand every time I raise it to bite. So I let her have the last little nibble of every nugget, and she all but snatches it out of my hand and races to the floor to gobble it down. Then she hops up for the next one.

Molly and Buffy couldn't care less, though.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by My cat Mellow

Its like chicken flavour crisps/chips that have no chicken in them lol! and they are not even for vegetarians ...
Maybe you're thinking of something different, these are what Nikki ate

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Maybe you're thinking of something different, these are what Nikki ate
good god, you sure that is a food thing

reads more like something made by a mad doctor.
i would expect it to grow legs and start walking around

no wonder, i dont like buying food from the store, they forget to put the food in the food

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

no wonder, i dont like buying food from the store, they forget to put the food in the food
Lol! I just ate some, and they were delicious!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried Schneiders Oh Naturel meatless chick'n nuggets before and I thought they were good. I didn't really think they tasted any different than normal chicken nuggets except for the texture.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Aussie_Dog

The veggie chicken nuggest I like best (coincidently made by Schneiders) makes Willow go crazy. Regular nuggets don't make her act the same way. When I nuke up a batch of the veggie stuff, she crawls all over me and gets fiesty, slapping at my hand every time I raise it to bite. So I let her have the last little nibble of every nugget, and she all but snatches it out of my hand and races to the floor to gobble it down. Then she hops up for the next one.

Molly and Buffy couldn't care less, though.
I knew it was bad when both Whiskey and Jasmine refused to eat them

No kidding!!!
Those things were soo gross! Never ever will i do that again
Next time i will check the label! I was in such a rush that time i didn't. Geesh it's horrible when you have to check something labeled as "chick'n nuggets" to make sure if they even have chicken in them!
I'd much rather have real food- real chicken nuggets with real lean white chicken in it than a ton of weird fillers. Next time i'm making my own

Lol! I just ate some, and they were delicious!
ohhh yuck
hon i ought to send you the rest of mine

Originally Posted by littleraven7726

I love Morningstar nuggets.
They are great with BBQ sauce.

Did you microwave or bake them? I always bake them, they get crunchy in the oven.
I baked them- and they were all nice and crispy (like i like my food- i hate mushy stuff!) - the outside was sooo decieving though because it tasted like cardboard when i bit into it

Absolutely!
You're beautiful when you're righteously indignant!
thanks.