I love him... but I think I have to kill him..

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So last night I finally got fed up with trying to keep my beige carpet from turning black... grabbed my utility knife and went to town ripping it up
Instead of installing flooring, I decided to just paint the concrete slab to save some money.

I couldn't lock the cats up because DH was sleeping and if you lock up the boys they throw a fit that would make a 2 year old watch them in awe
So instead I barricaded myself in the diningroom and started my prep work. 1 hour, no one has bothered me. 2 hours... things are still good. Finally I go to put on the paint coat and I see little white toes poking out from the kitchen doorway - across the wet floor from where I'm standing.

WEEEBLEEEE NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

...as everything seems to turn to slow motion I see Weeble sneak through the barricade and run across my still wet floor

I quickly rolled the cat prints out of the floor... then snatched up the intruder and spent the next 45 minutes cleaning paint off his feet while he very loudly accused me of torturing him.

I think I may just nix the rest of the painting and go with laminate

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
PeeWee

If there was anyway you could get the animals to some other location for 24 hours, you could just scrub the concrete and then put a coat of poly on it. Its actually what a lot of upscale places are doing now. It gives a more contemporary look .... but all of the marks and scuffs look beautiful after the poly is applied.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

PeeWee

If there was anyway you could get the animals to some other location for 24 hours, you could just scrub the concrete and then put a coat of poly on it. Its actually what a lot of upscale places are doing now. It gives a more contemporary look .... but all of the marks and scuffs look beautiful after the poly is applied.
This is actually what I wanted to do... but once I ripped up my carpet I realized my slab is covered in overspray from when the builders originally paint-sprayed the walls... it's in weird patterns and it looks horrible. Oh I was so disappointed! And no matter how much scraping and scrubbing I did that stuff was just not coming off. I think I'd actually have to grind the floor to get it off and I dont have the money to hire someone for that

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I bet paint stripper would get it off but the animals could not be in the house at all.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

PeeWee

A friend of mine wants to do that in his apartment. I have seen pictures of where they stain it as well. It's gorgeous!

PeeWee

kerry'n'ben

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
peewee is giving you a "designer" look
in a few years people will be dying to get the latest peewee masterpiece
hope you can sort it out

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd probably have kept the paw prints there - it'd be a funny story to tell when people'd ask!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tara & Rob

I'd probably have kept the paw prints there - it'd be a funny story to tell when people'd ask!
You know... while I was sitting there cleaning off his feet I was kicking myself for painting over it. But I'm not worried... I still have another 1200 sq ft to paint... if I know my Weeble he'll surely give me another opportunity to keep his paw prints

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just a little side note- Go to your local paint store and get some "Goof Off" -it will take off any unwanted paint in a heart beat!!!! (only- don't use it where you don't want the paint to come off because it will!
)