Does anyone want a

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Free boxer? Macy is driving me crazy she hears hunters driving up and down the road so she is walking around barking and she will get quiet and then start again this began about 3 am. Then when I let her outside she runs around the yard barking like someone is trying to attack us and then she wants in and instead of scratching at the door she has gotten into this habit of leaping onto the window. And she wants to bark at passing cars of the hunters but she's too chicken to stay outside when they are here. And then she will come over here and never fails she has sit on my foot or stepped on it a half a dozen times today. Oh and she's in a howling mood.

Granted I am just letting off steam I love my Macy and wouldn't trade the big monster for anything. If I was honest I would admit I love her more than my own dog. But Macy simply got close to me and fast, she is supposed to be my sisters dog but she brung her here cause she couldn't take care of her and said she would take her home when she could that was nearly two years ago. Yet she did attempt to take her home and like I thought Macy flipped.

sweetnsassy36

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I too have a boxer. How old is Macy? Boxers are a handful that's for sure. They don't realize how big they are; mine weighs about 65 lbs and she thinks she is a lap dog lol. I know that they have issues with anxiety and sometimes need to be put on some medication to help them. My boxer (Kisses) is almost 6 years old and she started calming down last year. Good luck. There are so many abandoned boxers in shelters and in the newspaper because people get them and they don't realize how much patience they take.
Macy is so lucky that you have taken her
. Sending you some stop barking Macy vibes Be Good Macy

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One of my favorite memories as a little kid, was seeing our boxer, Dutches, jump on the kitchen countertop, running all the way to the other side, knocking off everything in her path and my Mother freaking out

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL I could see Macy doing stuff like that. She is 2 years old well will be next month. And she weighs about 65-70lbs. She is a big oversized teddy bear she loves to kiss and love on people and animals. You can't be mad at her cause she has these big eyes and looks so sad when scolded. And she loves Tavia and I kind of think she's Tavia's favorite. Although Miss Tavia likes scaring poor Macy. right now Macy is laying on the couch and is cuddled up next to me.

I fuss about her but she means so much to me. She kind of filled the gap left in me when I had to give up my pitbull, I moved back home and dad wouldn't let me keep her, she does so many things like my pitbull did. I now find myself wanting to get another boxer when the time is right. But they are certainly a handful but they make up for it in so many ways.

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a boxer also. Mine doesn't bark very much but does have tons of energy all the time. The worst thing for me is she really likes to jump and lick peoples faces. Mine listens very well though. I have taught her she needs to remain on the couch when visitors arrive until I say she can go visit them. This way I can warn the person about the crazy kisses.

My foot has been ran over and scratched many times. And it does hurt! Mine acts like the cats. She sleeps on the back of couch and I have caught her on the counter, only once though, and it was very funny sight. I love my boxer and if I ever get another dog it will be another boxer.

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Boxers are like potatoe chips you can't stop with one.
And I think they are very cat like. They are very clean dogs and they love with all they have. When Macy wags her tail her whole back side wiggles. And she is so good with my cat that's her bestfriend. And they swipe at you like cats do when they are playing. Macy sleeps in my bed most of the time but I don't think she did yesterday cause I woke up on her side of the bed. Dad loves Macy too she is his favorite next to his chiuhauha. I already decided when my other dogs are gone that I am going to get another boxer. We just heard someone pull up and Macy is on the chair barking at them with this big loud bark. But when I get another one I want a boy and I want to name him Bo

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My brother had a boxer a long time ago. It's like they never grow up mentally and think they're still small cute puppies!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Boxers are definitely high-energy dogs, and I can understand that Macy's behavior is wearing you out! Still, who would want to do without all that affection, and their sense of humor?

My husband and I had a Boxer, and my sister liked him so much that she got one a little over a year ago. Now all I hear is, "Why didn't you warn me?" Her Boxer's favorite trick is to grab the frying pan off the stove by the handle. He's very generous, though - once he's set it down on the floor, he shares his booty with the other dog and cats.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is one breed I would never foster when they do come into the Humane Society here, Boxers!
I just got to know a few too well & can only picture the havoc a Boxer & my Macey could create....or the "bad" tricks a Boxer could teach my Macey!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

That is one breed I would never foster when they do come into the Humane Society here, Boxers!
I just got to know a few too well & can only picture the havoc a Boxer & my Macey could create....or the "bad" tricks a Boxer could teach my Macey!
I swear that Boxers have mastered the trick of "acting dumb", in order to create as much havoc as possible, and get away with it! They've really perfected that innocent, "Who, me?" look!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

I swear that Boxers have mastered the trick of "acting dumb", in order to create as much havoc as possible, and get away with it! They've really perfected that innocent, "Who, me?" look!
And I fear a Boxer would teach my Macey that "who me" look!

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hehe I LOVE Boxers! I dont have one, but my moms friend has one named winnie who is just awesome! I love that dog! Esp. her over sized tongue! We have a few at work that are just adorable! But they are very good at that sad puppy face that can melt you in a second!

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my word! The "counter surfing"!
Mattie hasn't tried it yet (one good thing about having a Boxer who is afraid of heights! lol), but I have heard stories!

I think the 60 lb lap dog should be listed in the "breed traits"
.Hmmm, and maybe I can teach Mattie that the doorbell/door knocking means "get on the couch". Then she can do her "Boxer wiggle" while sitting/waiting (and trying not to turn inside out!) on the couch when someone comes to the door, instead of on my poor foot!

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL everyone has such funny stories of boxers. Macy got in my dad's bed yesterday and he liked to never have gotten her out. Not sure why he bothered she sleeps with me all of the time. And she sleeps in his bed in the day time and he still keeps trying to teach her to sleep in the floor but she waits till he's not looking and gets in his bed.
And of course I don't tell on her.