Emotional imbalance?

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is a vent.

Most of you have known me for a while so I feel it safe to ask. Do any of you think I am emotionally imbalanced?

I ask because I joined a forum that was designed for foreigners living in Japan, I said I've been living here for a little while, I need a job and that it seems to have changed a lot since the last time I was here, but still completely different from the west. Then I got quite attacked on that site, with a lot of abuse, being asked if I can speak English or only Japanese and to top it all off, I was called emotionally imbalanced.

The English or Japanese statement was amusing to say the least, considering I wrote everything in English and never even mentioned anything about being able to speak Japanese.

I probably am emotionally imbalanced, given the way my siblings and I were raised, but I fail to see what that has to do with someone asking for help.

Can any of you educate me on this, coz yeah I'm feeling emotional right now, like I want to meet that poster and strangle him.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
I think that kind of reaction was unfounded, and you didn't deserve it. It seems you were being very polite. From what i have seen meeting alot of Asian people, they are very proud of their culture, and sometimes a little too serious.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, you did nothing wrong.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

I think that kind of reaction was unfounded, and you didn't deserve it. It seems you were being very polite. From what i have seen meeting alot of Asian people, they are very proud of their culture, and sometimes a little too serious.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, you did nothing wrong.
Thanks for that.

The persons avatar was a white guy (even though that means nothing) and the English was quite good so I don't think he was Asian.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wouldn't be concerned about what the poster said (although I know that's easier said than done). I have been a member of different forums as well and have found that there are alot of people that join just to upset other members and create trouble. We are very lucky to have such a wonderful group of people here at TCS.

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miss Mew

I wouldn't be concerned about what the poster said (although I know that's easier said than done). I have been a member of different forums as well and have found that there are alot of people that join just to upset other members and create trouble. We are very lucky to have such a wonderful group of people here at TCS.
I think you might be right. I don't think I mentioned it but I had only made the one post, before the insults started.

Maybe I should check his posting, see if he's one of those people that just join up to forums just to put their
in where its not needed.
He actually just made another post again off topic calling me a racist but then calling Japanese people nips in the same sentence.
I haven't even said anything about the Japanese so.....
those people just well.... you know.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
sounds like you should have asked him if he had taken his happy pills for the day yet.

however the fact that you went on another forum to ask if you have emotional imbalance, may in fact prove that you do have a imbalance, maybe you should ask on another forum so you have 3 different veiw points( please note this part was joke lol )

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really wouldn't take it to much to heart, this individual disagreed with your opinion and most likely was just trying to yank your chain a little by saying that.

It happens! Not everyone in the forums on-line understands the concept of common courteous.

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

sounds like you should have asked him if he had taken his happy pills for the day yet.

however the fact that you went on another forum to ask if you have emotional imbalance, may in fact prove that you do have a imbalance, maybe you should ask on another forum so you have 3 different veiw points( please note this part was joke lol )
I think happy pills are out of stock

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have read your post and get the impression that you are intelligent and thoughtful. Even if you do currently have some emotional imbalance, and I am in no way saying you do, welcome to the human race. We all have them at some point in our lives when things just aren't quite right with us. From reading your posts, it also seems to me that you have had a lot going on, and a lot to deal with.
It sounds like this guy should take a long look in the mirror if he wants to see imbalanced.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some people on the internets have a hard time handling real life, so they explode on people online... it's basically risk free, as you don't know them and have no way to actually retaliate. If the water gets too hot, they can always just walk away from that identity and create a new one.

In other words, when someone does something like that, completely unwarranted and just flying off the handle, it reflects more on them than on you, so try not to worry about it too much!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

Some people on the internets have a hard time handling real life, so they explode on people online... it's basically risk free, as you don't know them and have no way to actually retaliate. If the water gets too hot, they can always just walk away from that identity and create a new one.

In other words, when someone does something like that, completely unwarranted and just flying off the handle, it reflects more on them than on you, so try not to worry about it too much!

Also tell him that it takes one to know one.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like you said absolutely nothing that anyone, Japanese or otherwise, could have taken offense to. But some people want so badly to be offended that if they can't find offense, they'll fabricate some.

I've spent much of my life trying to explain myself to such people. I'm trying to learn to recognize them and just walk away.

And boy, do I ever know how painful it is to be called a racist, no matter how little credibility the source may have. I'm deeply sorry that was said to you.

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

And boy, do I ever know how painful it is to be called a racist, no matter how little credibility the source may have. I'm deeply sorry that was said to you.
I just don't understand how they could think such a thing, I mean how retarded would I have to be, to be a racist living in Japan? as well as the fact I have very few friends that are caucasian.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ignore what he said!!! Its not worth your time to dwell on what some "person" (I'm being polite!) wrote on another forum.

To me I would think it would be very difficult living in a culture so different to what I am used to.

You seem like a very thoughful guy!!

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First I thank you all for your input, it seems you are all correct.

I have established that he is just a
poster, I went through a lot of his posts on peoples topics and all he does is criticise everyone. Even though he admitted that he is unemployed and been living here 8mths. So when I look at another of his posts, I imagine (I guess I'm stooping to his level now) that he has married for a visa and living off his spouse. Getting married to a national just for a visa was his recommendation to someone asking, what they need for the move to Japan.

So I am dismissing those comments and saying to myself, he really should sweep his own doorstep before he sweeps his neighbours.