Do Your Furbabies Provide Comfort When You're Sick Or Feeling Down??

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine do: especially Maverick!
When I'm sick, or just feeling blue, he'll come to bed w/ me, and burrow under the covers, providing lots of love & affection!
He just knows when Meowmy's feeling bad, and is always there to provide comfort. It's the best "medicine" I've ever had!!

Do your furbabies make you feel better, when you're sick or just feeling down??

KittKatt

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You bet! I love my kitty nurses
The two tabbies - Alix and her sister Ophelia take good care of me, Frankie will come check me out when she thinks I'm not looking

kerry'n'ben

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i haven't been ill or upset since we have gotten Indie and Ember but growing up our family pet Rainbow (she was a white cat with tabby markings on her tail and head) used to lay with her head on my pillow and paws on me when i felt down or sick. She also used to wait for me coming home from school and follow me everywhere! when i cried she would sit on my knee with her paws on my chest and head on my shoulder - she was very affectionate

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My girls stay far away when I'm feeling blue. Nobody ever accused them of being compassionate.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

My girls stay far away when I'm feeling blue. Nobody ever accused them of being compassionate.
well at least they're beautiful.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All the time, KittKatt, ALL THE TIME. They are all different in their purrsonalities, of course, but my Rani is especially sweet and concerned when I'm down (I'm hardly ever sick, so can't say too much about that) as was her "spiritual forbear", my sweet Mama Simba.

quill_luv

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh yes! Right now I have a minor cold and Quill hasn't left my side for the whole day. Last night he slept in my room and I won't be surprised if he sleeps with me tonight
He's been so sweet too, rubbing and headbutting and he just wants his meowmy to feel better.
He knows when I'm down.

frisk

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Frisco is always there for me when I'm feeling sick or down.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

well at least they're beautiful.
Well there is that...if I'm feeling punk, they allow me to gaze upon their visages...from afar.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Well there is that...if I'm feeling punk, they allow me to gaze upon their visages...from afar.
Thats certainly got to be good for a little pick-me-up when your down and blue

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

Frankie will come check me out when she thinks I'm not looking
That sounds like Geronimo! As long as he thinks I'm not noticing what he's up to, he's almost as worried as Maverick!

~KK~

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yes! Tigger would always come and meow to me if I was crying. If I was feeling sick, she would lay with me.

When I lived at my parents house and Rob was 3 hours away (in the beginning of our relationship - the first 6 months - we'd only see one another every few weeks, then finally every weekend), Caliper used to always come lay with me if I was upset and missing him. She isn't much of a lap cat, but she would hop right up on me, give a little "mew", and lay down.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I noticed your location "status", and just had to laugh!

So - you're a Brett Favre "worshiper" too, huh?!!

Too cool!

~KK~

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Pearl is incredibly sensitive to my feelings -- if I get upset to the point where she can hear it in my voice, she comes running, mewing all the way, and starts rubbing against me with great urgency. And if I cry, I swear, this precious little girl actually rubs against my cheeks to dry my tears.

I tell my kitties every day: I don't know how I got so lucky.

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes they do. I have pictures around here of Ping sleeping on my chest one day when I was real sick. And whenever me and hubby have an arguement Ping is right there loving on me.

And like today when I got back from the hospital upset Pong followed me to the bedroom and laid down beside me.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

My Pearl is incredibly sensitive to my feelings -- if I get upset to the point where she can hear it in my voice, she comes running, mewing all the way, and starts rubbing against me with great urgency. And if I cry, I swear, this precious little girl actually rubs against my cheeks to dry my tears.

I tell my kitties every day: I don't know how I got so lucky.
About 4 years ago, I was going thru a horrible time w/ an emotionally & mentally abusive ex-boyfriend. He had me so confused & hurting that I didn't know which end was up: I spent many a day just "hiding out" in the house, and in my bed, b/c I was emotionally & mentally exhausted. Maverick spent those days w/ me, curled up under the blankets. He only left my side when he had to eat or use the litterbox, or when he got too hot under the blankets; then he would lay on top of them instead....

To this day, whenever I'm sick or just feeling down, he's always there to comfort me.

~KK~

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ping

And whenever me and hubby have an arguement Ping is right there loving on me.
My ex-husband was a yeller & screamer, and whenever we would fight, the cats would just go nuts and all crowd around me as if to protect me - especially Damian. He would jump into my lap and whine his head off, and stay there till the big-mouth ex shut up!

~KK~

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sassy does, he never leaves my side if I am sick, even if I am just really tired he hangs out with me and relaxes.

Linus does for a little while but then exuberant nature gets the best of him and he want to go play.

He is good about giving kitty cuddles for about 10 minutes if I pick him up he will push his little face under my hair and purr like a motorboat. Then it's back to tearing around the house...

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tiger always knows when someone is having a bad day, sick or lonely. Tiger to the rescue!
Angel just follows Meowmy everywhere, lol.

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hehehe, if only! Ok that's not true really, Nikita knows when I'm having an off day. I got very sick and was off work for over a week with her and she was quite concerned by me not behaving normally and came to check on me regularely.

However she's a bundle of energy, me being ill or no, so she was running around like a psycho kitty and attacking my toes, meowing while bored, and in general being a bit of a pest just because I couldn't play with her because I was too sick. Not her fault of course but yeah.. it's one of the drawbacks of having a dynamo kitty, she needs her play and exercise no matter what.