Transporting two cats

steve1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I want to transport our two cats by air (we're moving back home). Would it be advisable to transport both cats in the same box* rather than two seperate ones, will they 'have a go' at each other or will they feel safer together?

*Hard-shell, 47 x 32 x 30 cm l.w.b

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IMO two carriers is better than one. I show cats internationally and I have seen the results of two cats in one carrier - and it was only a 1.15hr flight!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Steve1

I want to transport our two cats by air (we're moving back home). Would it be advisable to transport both cats in the same box* rather than two seperate ones, will they 'have a go' at each other or will they feel safer together?

*Hard-shell, 47 x 32 x 30 cm l.w.b
Are you planning on taking them as carry-on luggage, or cargo? Check with the airline about weight restrictions for the former. I was told that I couldn't take a cat weighing more than 5 kilos as carry-on luggage, and I assume that restriction would apply to two cats in one carrier.

That carrier sounds awfully small for two cats, especially on a long flight.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If they are riding in the cargo part they HAVE to be in separate carriers. And usually only 2 pets (2 people) can be aboard in separate carriers. I think the only exception is a mother/kitten and the kitten has to be under a certain age. Otherwise you need 2 carriers on a plane - either way