so do you think your cats

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Think you are the like the worlds best hunter?
i mean here i come home with some new cans of wet food them, after they eat they both go into major pet me mode, and chase each other mode.

hmmi wonder if they are thinking, wow my human is such a great hunter!!!!

err, never mind i need sleep i think .

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know if my guys think I am the worlds best hunter or not, but they sure know who to blame it on if there is something in their dish they don't like.
Then I get the equivalent of the kitty silent treatment until I change it to something else.

We established a long time ago who actually rules the household...and sorry to say it isn't me.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hmm...if hunting sounds anything like the seal of the wet foot can breaking then yea...

All I know is that if I don't feed by a certain time each day, they meow...and meow and meow.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well Charlie and Ling have never gotten the chance, but can almost 100% guarentee that if a mouse/bird got in this house - he'd be dead in a very short time.

They are great at catching flies
I've seen how both of them stalk and they take it seriously too.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great question!

I'm not sure.

I think, probably, yes, but they like to play it cool and not give too much away, in case the chips are down, you know?

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm...don't know. With my cats though it is more like I am the ONLY one that knows HOW to feed them. My husband or one of my kids will feed the cats, exactly in the same way, and the cats REFUSE to touch the food.
They seem to think that when I don't feed them that the food is tainted or something.
I think my cats have a slight attachment to me, huh?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

..... If my cats ever got the opposable thumb thing figured out....I'd be toast.
My RB Poly cat Tiger learned to use her tumb to grab pens and things from your hand! But of course she just flipped them, but she knew to get her thumb in there! Awww I miss her!

I'm not quite sure what Mooch and Noodles make of us. I mean they sometimes act so starved and all that good stuff.

aussie_dog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, I'm not sure they think of us as great hunters, since they don't actually see us leap and bring down the cow with a belly full of canned food, so they probably just see us as the provider of the food. Maybe they think we go out and steal some other animal's kill and take it home to the kitties (and since we don't eat the food, they probably understand how much we LOVE them! The alpha eats first, and we're the alphas (supposedly), but we let the little ones eat first, let them eat ALL of it). My girls do understand that I give them their food, and they get panicky if I'm late. Never mind that they've never missed a meal, their rumbly bellies tell them they're going to die, and soon. Molly gets violent, she'll actually hit me in the face to wake me up (breakfast) or when I'm on the computer not paying attention (supper). Buffy gets obnoxious and gets into everything, jumping on the counters, bugging my dog, knocking things off shelves, etc. Willow just watches and when she thinks there's a sign of food coming, she gets up and prances closer to me, with some whrrrr sounds, getting ready to headbutt my hand and arch her back. She never does it if it's after breakfast time or after suppertime.

Honestly, I wonder what they think when us great hunters/providers shriek and run away from the moth that got in the house...

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats simply think I am their maid I believe... And if I dont have their food ready at the moment they want, then they will try to trip me down the stairs... and they started watching lion documentaries....
I'm starting to worry...

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by capt_jordi

My cats simply think I am their maid I believe... And if I dont have their food ready at the moment they want, then they will try to trip me down the stairs... and they started watching lion documentaries....
I'm starting to worry...
You better watch out. My RB baby, Marbles use to smack with his paws if I was late getting his food to him. "Get up there and feed me,Slave!!"

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to laugh when I read your post because I've actually said "Mom's home & look at all that food. I'm a great hunter aren't I?" They usually look at me like, "Yeah, Yeah your the best now just put the food in the bowl"