OMG I just got a new vaccuum...

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been surviving with a mini vaccuum my parents got me when I lived in the dorm... and it has been working, but it's a pain, so I just bought a brand new vaccuum ( this one if you're interested).

I did just my living room... and
I think I could make another Zissou out of the fur I pulled up. I thought I vacuumed less than a week ago. The canister is HALF FULL! Maybe more than half full! From a single room.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow - let me know how you still like it in a few months - is it still working well - we will be in need of a vacuum soon

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey, remind me, and I certainly will
So far it's amazing! I was looking for the cheapest good vaccuum I could get, read reviews of a bunch. A lot of them in this price range get awful reviews.

I just went back and vaccuumed the same room again (not that I only have two...) and got a bunch more cat hair, and I tried it out on the litter that gets tracked out and it picked that up. Hope it keeps going strong!

kerry'n'ben

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
OMG thats a lot of fur
new hoovers always make you feel dirty don't you think?
you can hoover the day before and a new one will always get dirt up

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For real, now I'm looking at my floor like "ew!" and my nephew might be coming to spend the night in a couple of weekends so I'm glad I got it clean (and can keep it that way) for him to crawl on.

One of my friends once found a bunch of carpet bugs in his carpet, and ripped it up and threw it out the window that night... I feel like that! Even though it was just hair.

annericebowl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
A friend of mine has that exact vaccum. She has 2 cats, a dog, and 2 teenagers that always have their friends over. She's had it for about 2 years now (I am guessing), and it still works like a champ.

I have a Hoover Wind Tunnel vaccum that could suck the blubber out of a whale, and I love it.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A new vacuum cleaner! YEAH!!

I had what I thought was a high end vacuum cleaner and got a great deal on a Sears model (rated higher in consumer reports than a Dyson I might add). I was absolutely stunned at the amount of hair I got out of my carpet and I did take the test and vacuumed with my old vacuum first. Made me think that I was living like a pig for a long time (no offense to pig lovers)!

I have to empty the cannister 3 times just when I do the main floor of my house and that's when I vacuum every week.

Don't vacuums suck?

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

Don't vacuums suck?
They do!

This is my first real vacuum in my life. I don't know why it seemed like such a milestone...

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

This is my first real vacuum in my life. I don't know why it seemed like such a milestone...
You need more cats. I don't remember a time when I haven't had anything less than 2 vacuum cleaners in my house. When they start to get old, I buy a new one and use the older one as a back up in case of problems. I just have too much hair to be without one for even a day. I'm sitting on 4 vacuums right now - one for the upstairs carpet, one for the downstairs carpet, one for bare floors (that can also do carpets in a pinch) and the house came with a whole house vacuum system which I use mostly on the stairs since its just a long hose with an attachment and easy to maneuver.