Daily Thread TGIF 14 September.

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey all.

Not much to report today, just another hot day.
I had a haircut (yep it grew back that fast). I am remodeling the cat cage, its wooden and the night we bought Diego home from the vet he had an accident. I am going to scrub it, bleach it, sand it, then attack carpet, on the floor and sides, so whilst in transport, they can scratch the heck out of it, without causing damage.

I'm about to cook dinner, so will leave you all to it.

Have a great day and weekend for those who can't stop in.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just got home from work and out of the bath. It has been an exhausting day, extracting DNA from lamb cells and then working when it is so short of people.
I am just glad to be home and about to go to bed soon - I have to shut the door tonight because the cats will bug me at 6am and I just want a little bit of extra sleep!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

I just got home from work and out of the bath. It has been an exhausting day, extracting DNA from lamb cells and then working when it is so short of people.
I am just glad to be home and about to go to bed soon - I have to shut the door tonight because the cats will bug me at 6am and I just want a little bit of extra sleep!
Sounds like an interesting job.

It's pretty late over there, you should get some sleep.

Daylight savings starts next month eh.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I came into work late today because i had an appointment with the physio for my shoulder. Then i stopped off at my favourite store to buy a sandwich for lunch and bought a bag of chocolate chip cookies for the other 3 in the office.

Their little faces lit up!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by DIEGO

Sounds like an interesting job.

It's pretty late over there, you should get some sleep.

Daylight savings starts next month eh.
The DNA extraction was for a class. I work for NZ Post. Ever since we moved to the new location, an average of 6 people call in sick every night, making us short of workers, causing us to work harder. Grrr. If only I hadn't used up my sick days!
Oh well, it isn't long til november
If you ever decide to come back to NZ, come and apply there, we always need the people!

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Iand bought a bag of chocolate chop cookies for the other 3 in the office.

Their little faces lit up!
Chocolate chop cookies!!!??? that was a typo right? or its some type of treat and you actually have 3 cats in the office?

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

If you ever decide to come back to NZ, come and apply there, we always need the people!
Well I am from CHCH too, so you never know.
What happens in November?

Did I read in a thread that you aren't originally from NZ???

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG! It's 6:56AM & I'm awake!
This hasn't happened for like....months!

I want to be in bed!

I have a 3 hour drive to the Metro area to go unload a semi of cat/dog food/treats. Whatever fits in my car comes back to the HS here with me. I gots to get some Damita safe dry & wet food. And I think I'm meeting a few friends while I'm up there!

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning/afternoon/evening everyone!!

Reilly & Molly woke me up this morning at 7am, it's pretty painful considering that I'm used to working all night and sleeping until mid afternoon!

Sydney has discovered a new surface that is fun to "turbo"....one of our patio windows
maybe she'll give the closet door a rest for a while!

My friend and I are meeting today for a little retail therapy
I'll be thinking of you Susan

Have a great Friday

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miss Mew

My friend and I are meeting today for a little retail therapy
I'll be thinking of you Susan
Ooooh have a fab time Tracy!. Now remember a stop for a coffee and cake first, some shopping, another coffee stop for lunch, some more shopping, and a final coffee before heading home with all your therapy bags, perfect!!

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gorgeous morning here in Ontario. It's 8:30 A.M. here right now.

Heading off to work early this morning, have several sales reps coming in today to explain to me why their products are better then the ones we already use. It is funny because this is the time of year they really start soliciting sales guess it's because the holidays aren't that far away and a lot of them work on commission.

I am having apple spice tea this morning, alas my hot chocolate box is bare so I guess it's off to the grocery store after work.

The kitties are good, Linus is intent on a dragon fly that keeps landing on the outside of the window and Sassy is stretched out in a sun spot snoozing.

Everyone have a good one.

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Ooooh have a fab time Tracy!. Now remember a stop for a coffee and cake first, some shopping, another coffee stop for lunch, some more shopping, and a final coffee before heading home with all your therapy bags, perfect!!
Yuck, you drink far too much coffee

Originally Posted by tierre0

I am having apple spice tea this morning, alas my hot chocolate box is bare so I guess it's off to the grocery store after work.
Awww didn't you notice it getting bare when you had one yesterday with orange essence???

mrs.harris

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just woke up and I am really craving coffee! Today should be a really fun day, tonight my husband and I are going to see some comedian with my grandparents!
I have a lot to do though, two presentations to work on, a test to study for, I have to bathe and walk Murphy and give Layla some cuddle time. Have a good day ya'll!!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Waking up to the third sunny and windy day!!!
My mission is to carry in all my annual containers to prevent from freezing and to figure out how to hold down tarps on all my basil and pepper plants (some tomato plants too) so prevent frost damage.

Have a short job at a clients house today I was going plant buying for fall containers but with all the other plants stuffed in my garage I'll have to postpone it.

Today is our wedding anniversay- 22 yrs YIKES!!!! Also my fav SIL's Bday too.

Two cats are snoozing on the bed as they know its getting cooler outside.

Have a coupon for a bookstore might see if I can purchase anything with it!!

mrs.harris

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Waking up to the third sunny and windy day!!!
My mission is to carry in all my annual containers to prevent from freezing and to figure out how to hold down tarps on all my basil and pepper plants (some tomato plants too) so prevent frost damage.

Have a short job at a clients house today I was going plant buying for fall containers but with all the other plants stuffed in my garage I'll have to postpone it.

Today is our wedding anniversay- 22 yrs YIKES!!!! Also my fav SIL's Bday too.

Two cats are snoozing on the bed as they know its getting cooler outside.

Have a coupon for a bookstore might see if I can purchase anything with it!!
Happy Anniversary!!

cocoalily

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Anniversary Gail!

I'm babysitting until 2:30 this evening. I woke up and got the kids off to school at 7:30 and am dead tired...gah, I don't want to have to do that anymore!

I have a bag of licorice in my room next to the computer and have had WAY to many piece. It's better then chocolate chips, though, isn't it?

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Anniversary!

Morning to all! I slept late today and it was GREAT!

But this weekend should be fun, I will be gone to Atlanta all weekend for a car show! I cant wait! I probably wont be on much at all if any, but I will be back on midday Monday! I hope everyone has a good day! I am going to be going snack food shopping later but first I really should pack!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I really want to go shopping with you sometime Susan!