What's up? Super slow

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Loading and sometimes, I can get in at all!

And I know I'm not the only one with this problem!

Wassup???

hostgeekz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello,

As far as I am aware it's been perfectly fine since the server move, can you explain what actually occurs? Do you see any of the page at all or does it just attempt to load and then show the 404?

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't get 404 error, just see a blank white sceen while I wait...and wait... and wait for the page to load. It is worse with larger threads, but also happens on smaller ones, and it is intermittent.

I am NOT using dialup, BTW, and I am a premium member, so I am not loading ads.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Attempts to load and then gives me the server error notice. I'm not sure when the server change was but it's been happening quite a lot this week alone!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

I don't get 404 error, just see a blank white sceen while I wait...and wait... and wait for the page to load. It is worse with larger threads, but also happens on smaller ones, and it is intermittent.

I am NOT using dialup, BTW, and I am a premium member, so I am not loading ads.
Thats the exact same thing with me too. I also am a premium member & am not loading ads, nor am I using dialup.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also haven't been getting 404 pages - it just takes a really long time to load until my browser times it out, I refresh the page a couple of times and it works. I am getting load times on the same page between 3 and 45 seconds.
(also premium member, ads turned off, 10 mbps cable)

mitzi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That's really weird. Could cookies be the problem? I've been having some trouble here, and I wonder if all of us are visiting the same cat sites?

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does your browser have an ad-blocker? I've noticed mine acting like it hangs on here whenever I try reading a post, and if I hit my browsers (IE) back button, I have to click it several times because of the ads that have been blocked. I had been thinking that was what had been making my pages so slow to load on here...and have blamed it on the ad-blocker. Just my opinion, of couse...

coaster

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

I don't get 404 error, just see a blank white sceen while I wait...and wait... and wait for the page to load. It is worse with larger threads, but also happens on smaller ones, and it is intermittent..
That happens with me, also, but only when I'm using IE. It doesn't happen when I'm using Firefox.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Slow loading times could possibly stem from several bottlenecks along the way between your ISP and our server. I am not experiencing any myself, and I know that many others aren't either. We are using a brand new fast server and the lasest version of Vbulletin, so I suspect that any issues with slow loading times might be down to various ISP's and their connection to this server.

I will say I have had issues with loading time with a certain ISP I was using a couple of years ago. They were with this site, and not so much with others. At first they tried to shake me off, saying it must be the site I am trying (and kept telling me to test against CNN.com, which was loading just fine). Finally, Scott helped me ping the site and followed the route between this site and my ISP and figured there were problems in the connection. They wouldn't do anything to fix it, so I switched ISP's and the problem was thus solved.

coaster

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think that's the problem in my case. I ping TCS and get only four jumps with an average 63 ms, which is really quite good. I think it's a software issue. I think it's some IE security or privacy setting, or some problem running the scripts on the TCS pages. I don't know enough about it to know what to do to fix it. But I think I know enough to be pretty sure it isn't my ISP.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

Same here Tim, I get around 57 ms in 4 jumps, although if I ping the /forums page instead of the main page it does return a slower result.
Ok, now you've really lost me