My Bear is gone

chrissyr

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
2 days ago we had our Chow Bear pts. The tumor on his bum was too large to do anything about. The vet told us Bear had weeks, maybe, months before he was in total pain and suffering. We decided that while he was still happy and painfree, to end his days with us there. That was the hardest thing I've had to decide about in a long time. He wasn't even 10 years old yet.

To my Bear,
I am so sorry, baby boy. If only I would have got you seen sooner, maybe something could have been done. Stupid me for thinking you had a pimple on your tush. I'm so ticked at myself it's unreal.

Ah, I remember when I first got you and brought you home. All you did was growl. Like you were some fearsome beast. I laughed. You were just a tiny pup. I was told that I'd regret getting you, I'm happy to say I never once regretted getting you. Even that day you took off and ripped my hand open with the chain and imbedded half of it into my palm, I still worried about you more then myself. I loved watching you grow up and become the biggest pigheaded dog I'd ever meet, but I still loved you!

We miss you Bear. Even old dog Butch misses his barking buddy. I can't wait to see you again. I'm just glad that we were able to let you go before the pain started. I wanted to be selfish and keep you around for as long as I could but I knew that wouldn't be fair to you. I love you Bear, Bear, Bear. Until we meet again.

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry
Bear looks like he was such a sweetie.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so sorry. My family & I lost our Vizsla/Water Spaniel X to a peri-anal tumor....he too was euthanized. It honestly is the kindest thing to do, no matter how hard.

Bear, look for Boomer over the Rainbow Bridge!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Gone for now but never forgotten...

RIP sweet Bear.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chrissyr

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for your words and comfort. We miss the big guy something bad.

I like to think he's at the Bridge chasing all the cats and playing like the puppy he always was. He actually loved cats. Our one boy, Sugar, taught Bear how to use a litterbox. I really wish I had a picture of a 100 pound Chow doing his business in a litterbox to share. It was a sight to see. *sigh* He and Sugar were the best of friends.

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So Sorry, I hope your days become brighter soon!
Bear you are a sweetheart!
RIP
Monique

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ChrissyR

Thank you all for your words and comfort. We miss the big guy something bad.

I like to think he's at the Bridge chasing all the cats and playing like the puppy he always was. He actually loved cats. Our one boy, Sugar, taught Bear how to use a litterbox. I really wish I had a picture of a 100 pound Chow doing his business in a litterbox to share. It was a sight to see. *sigh* He and Sugar were the best of friends.
I am so sorry for your loss, but he is now healthy over at the Bridge.

And I just bet Bear and my beloved Sambo are having a grand time.

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry about your loss. He sure was a beautiful pup. Don't beat yourself up for not noticing the tumor. Everyone that losing a furbaby thinks the same about themselves. It was just his time