I hate kittens

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Are you sure no TCS'ers will adopt PJ & Punky?

I've been letting them out of my bedroom when I can supervise. What a bunch of holy terrors!! They scratch on the carpet, furniture, etc. They attack Ophelia, who attacks back. Yeah, if I didn't know you were coming & you jumped me, I'd rip your eyes out too!

They're chewing cords, even with Bitter Apple spray on them. They've eaten a hole in a blanket. Tipped over 4 garbage cans. Ate mom's calculator tape off.
Curtains are meant for scaling, too!

Seriously, why do people want kittens? They can have these two, they are driving me insane!! Hopefully they burn off some energy....and soon! No interest in them here for adoption, so I quit hoping. Maybe the rescue I want will pull them in a few more months....

I don't know if I want to
, or
!!

ETA: They jsut discovered there are hand rails on both sides of the stairs and are now sliding down them! Yippee!
When they get to the bottom, every once in awhile they whack into the fridge so I gotta go pad the front of it before they knock what little brains they have out!

cocoalily

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really, really really wish I could take them. PJ nd Punky are so sweet, and since we both live in Minnesota we could pull it off easily.

But--the big but-- I can't. They'd have to stay outside with three to four other cats and I wouldn't be able to take them unless they were free because my mom refuses to let me pay money for any cat.

I wish there was something else I could do for you!

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh we totally know what you are going through - Shilo & Sadee are our LAST kittens! After our cats start to pass away & we are only down to around 2 cats, we are adopted adult cats from now on, we just don't have the energy for kittens anymore. Don't get us wrong, we totally love them, but wow are they a lot of work! We are calm people with crazy kittens...luckily these are our last kittens...

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww Nat! Kittens are alot of work..and they are quite annoying. They are too cute to say no to! I wish I could take them

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, your an angel for keeping those babies tho Nat, most people wouldn't do that!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Natalie, if you want someone to adopt them, you're going about it all wrong!
Don't tell people how destructive they are!

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah now I LOVE naughty little kittens! I do remember when I first brought Radar home at 8 weeks old (I didn't know that was a bit young at the time) I did spend the first week he was with us in tears and exhausted and hiding out in the bedroom leaving Nate to deal with him
but I soon realised I wouldn't want it any other way.

My 2 are 16 months and 10 months now and they still both act like they're 8 weeks old.

I sought advice from my vet about the cable chewing thing and he suggested neat Fairy liquid (dish soap) smeared on the cables. Luckily Radar never went for any power cables, but he did destroy 2 telephones, 3 internet cables, and countless loudspeaker cables before we smeared them with the soap - it did the trick and he left them alone after that!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

I'm dying laughing here with the image of them sliding down the rails to whack the refrigerator
Same here
Nat remember, they don't stay kittens long

I don't know what i'm laughing when i've got my own terror tabby

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They're 4 months, 10 days old.....why can't they grow up already?
And next comes the true terror "teenage" years.

It's like having 3 of Dorky Fish in the house....and that is NOT a good thing!

And once I padded the fridge, they started to use the blankets I padded it with to climb to the top of the fridge!

menasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

I'm dying laughing here with the image of them sliding down the rails to whack the refrigerator
Sorry to say, but I'm laughing, too!! I wish she had video of that!!!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ha! After a week babysitting four-month-old Earl, I completely understand what you're dealing with -- but oh gosh, isn't it fun?

The only part of it I couldn't handle was the 3:00-in-the-morning-toe-attacks, so I started wearing some soft slippers to bed and just let him have at me!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Go on, make me feel better!
Hey, we're in the same boat, only I've got twice the pain in the bum!

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I definitely understand how you feel! I currently have 5 four month old kittens (2 boys and 3 girls), and 2 three month old kittens (2 boys). Plus Spike who is only about 7 months old. They drive me a little crazy at times but I love them anyway!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Hey, we're in the same boat, only I've got twice the pain in the bum!
And i don't envy you either!
Fancy babysitting jack this weekend if i send him over to play with your two muffins?. He lets you sleep until 6.a.m now

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

They're 4 months, 10 days old.....why can't they grow up already?
And next comes the true terror "teenage" years.

It's like having 3 of Dorky Fish in the house....and that is NOT a good thing!

And once I padded the fridge, they started to use the blankets I padded it with to climb to the top of the fridge!
Sounds like you can't win.
What cuties! At least they have each other to terrorize!

I forgot what I was getting myself into with Chevy. He still has those same 15 week old behaviors since I got them. Who knew one cat could fetch AND love water? He's a sweeite though!!!

kerry'n'ben

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i have the image of cats in capes flying down the stairs rail
luckily my ... erm... darlings, haven't done anything like that lately. Indie is to lazy and that sounds like actual effort is involved
and Ember prefers to run around the house pouncing on Indie
so overall it sounds like i've been lucky
they are both very affectionate as well